Thursday, April 29, 2010

Summer's Coming!

Shannon and I got to have a date night last Friday night! Those nights are usually few and far between. We had a gift certificate to Two Dog Restaurant in Gainesville so we ate supper there. Then we went shopping around a little...didn't buy a thing...but it was fun in the process. We finished off the night with 2 small blizzards from DQ. They had that special going...buy one and then get one for 25 cents!!

We were going to have a yard sale last Saturday but the rain, rain wouldn't go away. :-) We're planning to join in on the Community Yard Sale that's being held at Jaemor on May 22nd. All the booths have been sold so maybe it will be a good (sunny) day! I've got LOTS of stuff I need to get rid of!

The boys are starting to get a little antsy for school to be out. They only have about 3 weeks left. We're ready for summer! I need to get busy on a summer calendar of sorts...something to fall back on to keep these little boys busy! We'll have chores and jobs mixed in with free movies here and there and cheap entertainment of SOME kind. Any suggestions?? Send them my way...PLEASE!

We're getting ready for the Spring Family Camping Trip! The boys are DEFINITELY excited about that! Thankfully the rain is supposed to hold off another day so at least we won't get wet putting our tent UP. It may be pouring when we're trying to take it down!?!? Josiah loves being in cub scouts and really enjoys the camping trips!

Isaac turned 10 months old this week. He's growing up so fast! He wasn't feeling well yesterday. He ran a fever all day and pretty much wanted to be held. He wasn't really whiny...just sort of lethargic and sleepy acting. He went to sleep around 7 pm or 8 pm last night and is STILL asleep this morning. It's 8 am now. Wow!! I was sort of expecting a long night since he had such a rough day. Poor baby just needed his rest I guess.

We're having another Ladies Fellowship tonight at our Pastor and wife's home. A few of the ladies at church have been getting them together. They have been really great! They cook and provide supper for the ladies that come so that we don't have to worry about cooking that night. How sweet is that!? We have been studying prayer. I missed the first one but the last one was really good. Tonight will be my 2nd one on prayer. The first one I went to was just a general fellowship meeting but what sweet fellowship it was! Everyone shared something from their heart which made it all the more meaningful. I'm looking forward to tonight needless to say!

I hope Isaac is better today and feeling good when he wakes up! Have a great weekend!!

No comments: