Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just Thank Him in the Storm...

It's always funny how I rarely ever sit down to "write a song." They just sort of come to me unexpectedly and I'm usually scrounging around for a pen and some paper. Today I had sat down to read my Bible and have my quiet time. Elihu & Isaac were both asleep and Josiah was playing on the computer so it was the perfect time!! I read a few chapters in my Bible and began to think through my "prayer list." Someone special came to mind who will get news on a biopsy soon. I think we always assume that we're going to get news because it's US right? But that's not always the case. When I thought of this person not getting the news hoped for, it was as if the Lord said, "Just thank me anyway." I thought of another couple that's going through a trial right now. I know they don't understand why...but they haven't seemed to question either. And again, it was as if God was saying..."Just thank me in the storm." So I flipped my paper over and wrote down, "Just Thank Him In The Storm." As soon as I wrote the title down, lines started coming to me for the chorus. Soon I had 2 verses to go with it. When I went to type it out, it felt like it needed just a little more. As soon as I got the chorus and the 2 verses typed out, a third verse came to me. I just love how the Lord gives you things...right when you need them. I hope I can always thank Him in the storm and thank Him FOR the storm because there is always a reason for the things we go through.

I heard a preacher tell the story awhile back that he and his wife received news that their unborn baby most likely had downs syndrome. He said that not one time did he question God or ask why. He just thanked Him. His story brought tears to my eyes. Their baby was born healthy but they were ready for whatever God had for them. How amazing! Thank you Lord for taking care of me in my storms!!

No comments: