Monday, August 18, 2008

Cat Name?

This cat has taken up at our house. We tried to run him off several times but he's decided he's staying! He has even managed to get INTO Rosco's pen with him and eat his food. Rosco let him a few times, ran him off a few times, and now I think they've worked out some sort of "agreement." Rosco eats first and then he lets "Mr. Cat" eat.


Well, we were NOT planning on keeping the cat. We're not really...um...cat people I guess you'd say. But like I said, the thing can't be run off so I guess he's here for good! I found out today that this is "cat week" at school. The kids in Josiah's class are supposed to bring a picture of their cat. Ugh. She said they can draw a picture, cut a picture out of a magazine, or bring a real picture of their cat. Of course, he wants to bring a real picture of his cat.

Anyway...the point of this blog entry is to help us come up with a name for this cat. It is a male and you can see the color of it from the pics. We welcome any suggestions and would love to have a suitable name by Friday (just don't get your feelings hurt if they totally shoot down your idea...they've pretty much shot down ALL of mine thus far).

Let us know what you think! You may just be the winner in our cat-naming contest! :-)

4 comments:

The Hewell Family said...

I don't know what crazy first grade teacher would have thought up such a crazy idea as to bring in a picture of your cat (me ~ guilty!)..Sorry!!! I think Smokey would be a great name for such a pretty kitty!! :) Let me know if I win!

Brittany said...

What a sweet looking kitty (as long as it stays off the car, right? :))!

How 'bout "Snowball"? What about "Grey Snowball" or "Mr. Kitty."

I'm not very creative, so they can shoot my ideas down and it won't hurt my feelings at all! :)

Katie said...

Sorry...they didn't like any of the suggestions thus far. And Brandi? I hope that didn't sound negative!! I'm just not a big cat person. But that IS hilarious that YOU are the one who came up with the idea! How funny!!

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

Hey Katie, Darryl had a suggestion since your dogs name is Roscoe he thought coltrane or cooter would work well. Those names come from the dukes of hazzard show and I think he looks a little like Roscoe p coltrane in the face. He is a very pretty cat. I know those names seem pretty way out but we thought we would send them any way.