Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happenings...

Happy 4th Birthday today Elihu!!!

He got up this morning and was disappointed because he wasn't any bigger. He thought that when he got up today, that he'd be as big as Josiah! Poor baby! Shannon has made a tradition at our house. He always cooks pancakes for all our birthdays! Today was no different!! We always put a candle in the birthday boy's pancake stack...just for fun. They always love that part. He got a phone call from Pa & Hannah and then he got one from Nanny on her way to work. He thought he was "the stuff."

Mama has been taking him to school for me! She went and picked him up a cookie cake for me yesterday to take to school with him. She said he was so excited and that HE wanted to carry it in. His teacher made a big deal about it, of course, which made him feel proud. He can't wait to share his cake with all the kids!

I think I am feeling a little better. I don't know if I'm just getting a grip on it finally or what but last week was just BAD! Ugh. I hope the worst part is over at least. I still have the morning sickness "yuck" but by lunch time it's usually a little better. By night time, I actually feel almost normal. Well, at least normal for me! ;-)

We're picking up the popcorn tonight so for any of you who ordered from Josiah, your favorite Cub Scout, we'll be delivering soon!

It seems like we have several "little" decisions that need to be made...almost like they all just hit at once. Some of them are a bigger deal than the others but nonetheless, they're still important and we always want to do the right thing! Please pray for us while we prepare for different transitions and while we make sure we're doing God's will for our lives and for our boys' lives!

Several have asked about my doctor visits. My doctor's office doesn't see new O.B. patients until they're 8-10 weeks. I'm 7 weeks today...my appointment isn't until December 10th. I wish it was sooner...just because I'm of the impatient sort! I hope I feel a little better and a little better each day until I feel halfway normal again!

The boys have been asking all kinds of questions as usual. They're so funny. Shannon was pumping gas last night and we were all waiting in the car. Elihu (very seriously) wanted to know what my bottom looked like. I (while trying not to laugh) told him it looked just like his. He said, "Only bigger?" I said, "Yes, I have a 'mama-size' bottom and you have a 'little boy-size bottom'. Boy...Shannon had a hay-day with that one when he got back in the car...anybody that knows him and his 'yo mama jokes' knows how much fun that one could've been! It WAS pretty funny!

They're still very curious about the difference in bulls and steers and all the penis/testicle business. We always try to handle these situations in a grown-up manner but sometimes it's just flat out hard not to laugh your stinkin' head off. Elihu wanted to know what made a steer different from a bull the night before last. You should've heard Shannon explaining. I told him he might should write a book or something! It was great. Funny, but great. THEN Elihu wanted to know if HIS would ever be as big as a bull's.

What great fun raising little boys!

Hope your weekend is great! Don't get too cold and say a prayer for me when you see a saltine cracker. :-)

4 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

hehee.. guess what I ate tonight for supper?! Oven Fried Chicken made with nothing other than SALTINES!! I am so glad you are having a 3rd! I can't wait until I get to do what you are doing! :-)

Brittany said...

Just remind Shannon that nobody could have a bottom as big as HIS mama's! OHHHHHH!!!! Her bottom defines "mama sized bottom!" OHHHH!

Glad to get that off my chest. It's been a while since we had some "yo mama" jokes - of course we're just joking!

Katie said...

That's hilarious, Brittany! He was standing here with me so I got to read it to him DIRECT! All I can say is YOU GOT HIM!

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

Elihu never ceases to amaze Darryl and I. He is so curious and the way he words things is hilarious. I will say a pray for you both on having to explain all the body parts. We've been there just ask Ashley. He may try books like she did. Ha! Ha!.