I worked the polls again yesterday. We had quite a busy day. We had to be there at 6 am. There were a few people standing in line when I got there...maybe 4 or 5. We had a super busy morning and then it slacked off around 11 am and was just slower and steadier throughout the afternoon. I was almost wishing that it WAS busier b/c it got a little boring after awhile. The busy-ness of the day makes it pass much quicker! The polls closed at 7 pm and we were leaving a little after 8 pm so we made good time! I had one whopping headache by the time I left. I took some medicine when I got home but it stuck with me all night and on into this morning. It's finally starting to feel some better.
I heard the presidential news on the radio when I was taking the boys to school and I have to say it definitely saddened my heart. But I heard a guy say not long after that that he wasn't really all that happy about how the election turned out either...but that as a Christian, he knew it was his duty to support our new president. That verse in Colossians 3 popped in my head...it says, "Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singlemess of heart, fearing God." (Col 3:22) God already knew on Monday who our next president would be and he surely wasn't surprised when all the counts started coming in last night. Like the verse says, I am, in a sense, a servant to this country. I don't have to like what's going on or who's elected but I am still a Christian first and foremost and the Bible tells me to have that "singleness of heart" that fears God. I am to serve God with my whole heart and remember HE'S the one I'm living for.
Well, I must get busy. It seems like I just keep getting more and more behind...kind of reminds me of those math problems I always hated about the poor snail that was climbing out of a well. He'd go so many inches and then fall back so many inches. Ugh! I think I'm the poor snail this week.
Hope your Wednesday is just smothered in blessings from our Heavenly Father!
3 comments:
Hey, I know that math problem you're referring too, and ironically, being a math teacher, I too can relate! My housework, school work, etc keeps piling up! Oh well! Might as well let it pile up every once in a while. A perfectly clean house doesn't always mean you are enjoying life to the fullest! :) Ashley always says it's better to have a clean heart than a clean home! :)
Katie, please know that your blog gets read. Today was sorta tough at work, and I was reading your page, and you referred to Col. and then I was reading Coach Richt's testimony and he referred to the same verse in his testimony. So now I know I just have to do my work, forget people around me that are not Christian and do the best job I can do. Love You, Sara
Katie, hang in there, the sickest sick I have ever been was when I was pregnant with Jason and Joseph. It was ALL worth it. I will pray that this sickness will subside and you can do your own thing again.
Love You, Sara
Post a Comment