The boys had a blast at the carnival on Saturday...of course they always have a blast at things like that!! They won 3 goldfish...only 1 has survived so far. I came home today and found 2 of them dead. They weren't too put out. They were proud to have at least 1 left!
Mother's Day was nice. The boys both made me a wooden bird to stick up in my flowers...one red and one yellow. Of course they had LOTS of help from Mema & Papa. The birds are really cute! Josiah had also made me a handprint plate at school. He was very proud of that and so excited to give it to me! Elihu made me several cards at school. Every single picture of me had another little person in the belly. I could always tell which one was me for sure!
Yesterday afternoon the boys helped me pull some weeds. Mama also came over and helped me do some things outside. Shannon has been trying to get the pasture sprayed for weeds and he finally finished up last night. He was happy about that! And so was I! Now we just have to finish the boys' closets. We're ALMOST done! Yay! We both felt accomplished after our work was done and we'd come in the house to clean up and get ready for bed. I always think I'm not doing much until AFTER it's over...then I'm SO sore and hurting and can hardly walk. I keep promising myself I'm gonna be more careful NEXT time. Maybe next time I really will!!
I got the boys to take off their clothes on the front porch last night (they'd been in the dog's pen playing...ugh). I didn't wanna take any chances of getting the filth inside the house. Josiah had already come in and was taking a bath. Elihu was still in the process of removing his grody clothes. When I came out to check on him (don't worry...we live WAY off the road so no one can see passing by) he was running around all over the porch. I said, "What are you doing, Elihu?" He said, "Look Mama! I'm as naked as a G-Bird." I laughed my head off. He was TRYING to say that he was as naked as a jay bird but he got his "letters" mixed up. I corrected him but he insisted that HE was as naked as a G-Bird. That's been mine & Shannon's joke today!!
I had my 32-week checkup today. Everything looked good. I go back in 2 more weeks. I ran a few errands in town and then got to have lunch with my hubby. We went to a new place called Black's Grill. We thought it was good! It's a new place across from the radio station...I think they're only open for lunch Mon-Fri...but I'm not positive. They have burgers, hot dogs, salads, BBQ, etc. The prices seemed pretty fair, too.
I need to get some things ready for church tonight. I hope everyone is having a good week!
1 comment:
Kinsley got confused one time and said she was naked as a blue bird. Then she started saying naked as a blue jay bird. LOL
Post a Comment