Josiah turned 7 on Wednesday. He had a great day! We started out with the movies...then onto McDonalds of course...then we went by the park to play for awhile. They spent the afternoon at Nana's house...which was the icing on the cake! Mema took him out for breakfast for his favorite...biscuits and gravy at DQ! We had his party today and I think they all had a blast. We had it at the park where Sprayground is. Shannon grilled some hot dogs and then we let him open his presents and have cake. They played at Sprayground from then on. I don't think they could hardly even eat because they were too excited about playing! He invited a few friends from his class at school this year. We didn't want to get too "crazy" inviting all sorts of kids who didn't know each other. It always seems better when it's a group that's familiar with everybody else. They were all a little bashful when it first started...thankfully the bubbles got 'em going and they forgot all about being shy! Elihu was asleep before we even got to the road...
I had another checkup on Friday. No new news really...just waiting on God's perfect timing for this little guy's arrival! I'm still dilated around 2 centimeters. She's hoping he'll come on his own close to 39 weeks. I'm 37 weeks right now. She's not exactly sure if he's going to wait that long though. He's in position and ready...and has dropped even more this week. We have VBS this week so we'll see if we make it all week or not!! She said that we'll "talk" if we make it another week. I think she plans to induce the following week if we haven't gone already...she said she doesn't want him to be 10 lbs.
Our anniversary is tomorrow! I can't believe it's already been 12 years!! It's so wonderful knowing you're married to "the one" that God set out for you! We just seem to get happier and happier every single day. I can't imagine how awesome our marriage will be in 12 more years! We've been so blessed...I finished college and we found out within a few more months that we were expecting Josiah. He was born the week of our 5-year anniversary. Elihu came along 2 1/2 years later and now we're expecting little Isaac any day now!
I hope your Father's Day celebrations are great tomorrow! Thanks for checking in with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment