Sunday, July 5, 2009

Isaac Candler Irvin

Well, I think our computer has finally and officially crashed. And what a great time for it to crash!! Ugh...anyway, I've got Shannon's laptop for one more day so I thought I'd better post an update before I'm computerless!!



As I'm sure most of you already know, Isaac Candler Irvin arrived Saturday June 27, 2009 at 10:01 pm. He weighed 8 lb 10 oz and was 21.5 inches long. My water broke around 3:15 that Saturday afternoon and we got to the hospital around 4:30. I wasn't having many contractions yet so that was a wonderful surprise!! I wasn't expecting my water to break since it didn't break with Josiah or Elihu!! I was able to get an epidural before the contractions got too bad (another wonderful surprise). I dilated to 10 cm around 9:40 that night and had to wait a few minutes for our midwife to get there. I pushed through about 3 contractions and little Isaac was here! We're so thankful everything went so well. He is doing great and had only lost 1 ounce when we took him for his checkup this week! I'm doing well, too...just adjusting to life with a new baby.

The boys think he's wonderful and are constantly wanting to kiss him and hold him and just look at him. Josiah always says he can't help the grin that's on his face when he looks at him. How sweet! Elihu sang "Love the Lord your God with all your heart" to him the other night. It just about brought tears to my eyes! It was so sweet. I'm hoping to catch him on video doing that!!

I was able to finish reading my Bible in the 6-month time frame (actually a little less) that I had hoped for. I was hoping to have it read by July 1st before Isaac's arrival! I actually finished it on Friday the 26th and he was born the 27th. Shannon kept teasing me that God was wanting me to finish reading my Bible through before he'd let Isaac get here. He may have been right!!! I'm starting a new study in a daily journal book called Experiencing God. It's not quite so much reading as I've been doing and will hopefully give me new thoughts to think on each day!

I'm so thankful for all our friends and family that have brought meals and helped out with the boys! We would never have made it through this first week without them!! And thanks to my sister, Amy, for all the great pics she took! The first 3 posted up above are some she took Tuesday night...Isaac was 3 days old!

Thanks again for reading! I'm not sure exactly how many "blog-followers" I have but thanks for reading anyway. :-) May God bless you!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I ALWAYS enjoy reading your updates too Katie. :) We want to come and see little Isaac sometime, but I'm going to wait a little longer. I remember how stressed I was when Callie was first born, so I'll respect your space and give y'all some more adjusting time. :) Your boys are precious. You are blessed! Love y'all!

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

I try to read your blog often. I am so happy for you all. I'm glad you are doing well. I love the picture of you holding the baby and the other 2 looking on. Take care and God bless you all...