Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!

Everyone around here is doing great...and still all healthy thank the good Lord in Heaven! It seems like everyone around us is getting a sore throat or the flu or swine flu or some other horrible sickness! I've been trying to remember to thank the Lord for keeping us away from it so far!!

Isaac is growing like a weed. He'll be walking before we know it. He finally rolled over this week from his belly to his back...but of course he hasn't done it again since that first day! He's sitting up really well in the Bumbo and grinning all over himself at everybody! He really is a good baby. He sleeps about 12 hours every night and then he's been taking a good 2 or 3 hour nap in the afternoons (I am NOT bragging mind you...just very thankful at how well he has adjusted). He'll go for his 4-month checkup at the end of the month. I'm anxious to see how much he weighs...

Elihu has been having a BALL at school this year. He is absolutely loving it. He's made several friends and really seems to get along with everybody in his class and on the playground. We haven't had the first bit of trouble out of him or heard anything from his teacher and for that we are very thankful! He loves to read and look at books and is always coming home singing some song they learned at school that day.

Josiah had his Fund Run at school. He did really well! He ran all 40 laps and was so proud of himself! He continues to do well in school! He loves math and is actually disappointed when they don't do math at school that day! Ha!! I'm sure his Nana and cousin Brittany are proud! He's still enjoying scouts and is trying to sell enough popcorn to earn a Bow & Mallow. It shoots marshmallows!! He's also selling pancake breakfast tickets to earn money for a trip to Charleston in the Spring (hopefully). They're hoping to spend the night on one of the ships...you know the ones with the super-cramped quarters so they can see what it's like for the men who work and "live" on them. Josiah and Elihu both enjoyed trying to skate at Hannah's birthday party this weekend! I think I actually saw a little improvement with them just while we were at the party.

It seems like life is about to get a little busier with all the hustle and bustle of the holiday seasons that are coming up! But it's an exciting time of year for me!! I love Fall and I love Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I've been working on something for the Christmas Program at church. That's always exciting, too! A Cappella Three has some engagements coming up over the next few weeks. We squeezed in a practice last week...maybe we can squeeze in another before the next one gets here in November!

Hope you're having a good week! I'm signing off for now...

No comments: