Even though lots of things happen around here, it never seems like anything blog-worthy happens much...or maybe I just forget about it by the time I'm typing on my blog.
Elihu got to spend the night with Nanny & Pa on Friday night. He did great! He was proud of himself I think. I still haven't got the whole rundown of the weekend but I believe him and Pa and Hannah rode horses Friday afternoon. Then they all went to Josiah's pancake breakfast on Saturday morning and Nanny took him and Hannah to a birthday party that afternoon. He had a FULL weekend...that's for sure!!
Josiah ended up selling 35 pancake breakfast tickets. He was proud! Him and Shannon left here Saturday morning at 6:30 to go cook and serve pancakes!! I think they had a great day as well. Thank you to everyone that bought tickets. I think the breakfast was a success!
Mama & I had a yard sale with a friend on Saturday. We did pretty good...not as good as I was hoping but pretty good nonetheless. I got rid of some stuff and am getting ready to take several bags of stuff for a donation!
Sunday was a great day at church! We had 3 people join Sunday morning which is ALWAYS exciting!! The choir has been practicing some of the Christmas Program songs. I believe it will all come together smoothly for the play in December! We'll start practicing with the kids pretty soon, too.
Isaac is growing like a weed still!! He's rolling over both directions now...but not nearly as often as you'd think he would. I guess he sees that it doesn't accomplish much so he just stays put. He's loving the cereal and gets excited about his bottle of juice or milk. He pretty much gets excited about ANYTHING colorful in a cup or a box that's close by. I'm so thankful that he continues to sleep really well!! He's pretty much a super-content baby unless he's sleepy or hungry.
Shannon keeps hoping his barn will be finished...but the guys had to pull of the job to finish another job they already had going. And now the rain is keeping them away for another day or two. It will be finished in the right timing though!
Josiah has had ITBS testing this week and has seemed to enjoy it. He is really loving school this year. He is enjoying reading chapter books now. He loves The Magic Treehouse books. He checks them out at the library a lot and of course that's the books he wanted at the Book Fair last week. Elihu loves the book orders they send home from Pre-K. I always try to at least let him get the $1 book that's the special for the month. He usually has several picked out by the time he gets home! We'll be book-poor around here before long...but I'm glad they enjoy reading. I'd buy them a book ANY day over candy or a toy!
Elihu will be 5 in a little over a week. I am still not settled on what to do for him for his birthday. Life always gets in the way of planning things for the boys. He wants to go to Monkey Joe's on his birthday. I told him we couldn't afford to have a party there but he said he only wanted him and Josiah to go any way. Hooray! I'm hoping Shannon can take off 1/2 day and we can take them to play that afternoon after school. We'll see what the weekend holds for a "real" party...
As far as I can tell we are officially NOT having Thanksgiving at my Grandma & Grandpa's house this year. This will be the first time in the 30 years of my life that I haven't ate Thanksgiving Day lunch at their house. I'm bummed about it of course...but I do understand. I think Grandma & Grandpa want to have it like normal...but I just don't know if they can handle it all or not...all the kids running in and out and dealing with the whole family all at once.
Thanks to everybody for popcorn orders, too!! They should be back next Thursday so get your taste buds ready for some scout popcorn!! He barely managed to fill up his whole order form so that he could win the cool prizes! Thanks again!!
I'd better sign off now and get something constructive done before Isaac wakes up. He's taking slightly longer naps now...I decided I'd use this nap for catching up in computer world!! Hope you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment