Monday, December 7, 2009

Thankful!

What a great day at church yesterday!! We had a testimony service yesterday morning...people popping up all over the place to praise Him, thank Him, and honor Him. The testimonies did my heart good and have helped me already on this Monday morning. We can compare ourselves to some people and look really good; but then we can also compare ourselves to some people and not look very good at all (spiritually speaking I mean). I realized something that I guess I already knew. My quiet time needs to be a set aside time...a "planned for" time that I GIVE to God...not just squeeze Him into some scheduled 10-minute time frame. It seems like I either do great reading my Bible and being faithful in that or that I do great in my prayer time...but for some reason I seem to struggle with both at the same time...consistently. I have been reading my Bible through beginning in Genesis. Only THIS time, I have a notebook and I am outlining every single chapter. I decided I would write down SOMETHING out of every single chapter in every single book. So far, it has been EASY to write something down. I've almost filled up an entire notebook and I've only read Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus. I still get bogged down in some of the chapters but knowing that I'm "looking" for something in each one has helped me to see what He is trying to say to ME. I have decided that I'm going to do my very best to set aside a special time of prayer...just me and God...every single day. Sure...I pray to Him throughout the day every day but I need more. I want to be faithful because I know what God can do with my life if I'll just let Him.

I was thinking yesterday of all the little things He blesses us with that we usually end up taking for granted. Last night I had one of those "small things" answered. I hadn't even really prayed about it but it had been wearing on my mind. When God answered it, it was like He was saying, "See? If you'd just ask me, I'd help you with the small things, too!" Thank you Lord for the LITTLE things!!

I can't believe how close it is getting to this Christmas Season...less than 3 weeks away! The boys are excited as usual! Elihu and Isaac have had ear infections. Elihu's were pretty severe. They've both been on medicine and seem to be doing much better.

Our parents helped out with the older 2 boys on Saturday so we could do some Christmas shopping. It was nice getting things accomplished and marking things off our list. We still have a little bit to do but at least I don't feel like I have the big giant task hanging over my head!!

I've been trying to get motivated to work on my Christmas poem. I kind of have to wait on that moment of inspiration to hit. Nothing has hit yet. But it will!! I'm hoping!?!?

I got some great pics of Isaac this morning with the Christmas tree. I can't believe how fast he's growing. It seems like every month is just zipping by. I hardly get 4 month pics made and 5 months is already here...then 6 months will be here before I know it! Yikes. He's trying REALLY hard to sit up by himself...he's just not hardly strong enough yet. He's still the happiest little baby I've ever seen!! As long as he's not hungry or sleepy, he's pretty well gonna be smiling. Christmas is going to be such fun this year with 3 boys!

I hope you'll take a moment and think about some of the little things that God has helped you with lately...and remember to thank Him.

No comments: