I believe that the word "Relax" should be taken out of the parent dictionary since we don't know the meaning of the word any more. Webster's dictionary defines the word as "to bring relief from the effects of tension, anxiety, etc." Right now, this blog is my form of relaxation I guess. I'm afraid that the only break I'm gonna get this summer is when Isaac is asleep and I put in a movie for the boys to watch. I don't let them watch a whole lot of TV and am still uncertain as to letting it be a "babysitter" even for a short period of time. But, I don't know what else to do to allow my OWN self to be able to just chill out for a minute and unwind. This has been the LONGEST day. Can anyone tell? :-)
I had to clean poop off the couch this weekend. No, let me change that to diarrhea. I had to unzip all 3 covers and wash them and then completely immerse one of the pillows in water & cleaner. I laid it out in the sun to dry for 2 different days. When I went to put all the covers back on, I pressed on that one pillow and didn't feel a single drop of dampness or wetness. So I put everything back (FINALLY) like it's supposed to be. The next night, Elihu goes to sit on the couch and says something about it being wet. My first thought was that someone had spilled something on it but with closer examination, I realized that the cushion had NOT dried and that every time someone had sat on it over the past 24 hours, it had just pretty much ran down, dripped out, leaked out, or whatever, onto the bottom portion of the couch. Can we say EWWWW? It looked to be an even BIGGER mess that I had to clean up the first time. So, needless to say the couch and cushion are STILL drying. Did I mention that Isaac can climb up onto the couch also? Ugh.
Josiah finished up his year as a Wolf Cub and now is an official Bear Cub. We're going to try and work on his achievements this summer. We may be requesting some help from certain grandparents that we know.
We're hoping to work on some of Elihu's Kindergarten goals this summer as well. We're already working on him learning his personal information and reviewing his Jack and Jilly reader cards. He's doing pretty well so far. It's hard to keep him on track most of the time. He's not as...driven...about stuff like that as Josiah is so I'm having to work on a different approach.
I did really good at my yard sale Saturday. I got rid of a LOT of stuff...but still managed to bring a PILE home, too. We had a lot of traffic come through so that was a definite plus! We went through a few toys in the bonus room this morning. The boys are actually deciding to part with some things! Yay! Of course, they want the money for it, too. I told them they could have the money as long as they did the work, too.
Back to my summer drama...I'm so excited about the boys being out of school but it sure makes for some LONG days. I keep trying to plan out a schedule of sorts but there are so many variables that seem to come up already...and we're only on week 1. I'm hoping to plan some "real" outings as well as trips to the different parks around...maybe meet up with some friends. I figured we'll visit the library some and get them their own library card. Part of me wishes Isaac could walk so that I didn't have to tote him around everywhere...but then part of me is glad he ISN'T walking yet so that he's not "escaping" every 2 seconds. He managed to climb ALL the way up the stairs today! Yay for that...NOT. Like I said, I'm afraid it's going to be a LONG summer but then it's going to just fly by all at the same time. How is that even possible?
I've got to establish a new routine for my quiet time. I was doing so well with it. I would always read my Bible right after the boys left for school (while Isaac was still asleep). Now the boys are up at the crack of dawn and the morning just seems to fly from there. I've got to purpose in my heart for a time and just do it. I need it!! My day always seems so much better when I can give God the FIRST part...not the LAST part.
Hope your week is great!
1 comment:
Katie - I have NO idea how you feel! I just have one little rug rat to chase around, but I do know that you are a GREAT mom and Shannon is a GREAT daddy! That will make for some GREAT kids, like you have! I vote we take the kids to Monkey Joe's one day (Callie loves that place)! I've got a card that gives you a $2 discount. Not much, but something! :)
I am at home by myself with Callie for most of the summer since Andy is teaching summer school, so I know the LONG day feeling, but like I said I don't have 3 active boys to look after. I admire you!
Just think, one day we will be asking ourselves what are we gonna do with all this extra time when they are grown and gone! I guess we should try to enjoy it as much as possible now while they are at home, and little, and they still think the sun rises and sets in us! :)
Post a Comment