Wow! I've been researching possible activities for the boys. Can we say E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E? I checked into Choi Kwang Do...$80 per month for Josiah and Elihu with a start-up cost of $80. Yikes. I sort of checked into guitar lessons...about the same. Any club at school or sport at school wants $30-$50 for joining then I'm sure they nickel and dime you to death for the next 6-9 months. Ugh.
Josiah is in Cub Scouts and loves it...but they both have shown interest in other things. I want them to have opportunities but at the same time, I don't want them doing so much that they're overwhelmed and not enjoying the FUN! I also don't want to pay all those prices. Why can't they just go for free? Ha!! Maybe I need to just buy them a Kung Fu video or a teach-yourself-karate video.
School is going great! Both boys are loving it and are already learning so much. Elihu is learning new words every week and is SO proud to get to show off his new reading skills to whoever happens to want to listen that day. They both love reading...I hope this love continues for the rest of their lives!!
Isaac is trying to talk up a storm. Just this week he has been trying to repeat all kinds of stuff that he hears...sounds, words, etc. He's growing like crazy and is getting around all over the place. The boys still absolutely adore him...he sure loves his big brothers, too!
I finished another song. It's called "He'll Finish Whatever He Starts" and is about Gideon in the Bible. Gideon was just a regular ole Joe like you and me, but God used him to do something great because Gideon LET God use him! There are so many times that people miss out on God doing something great in their lives because they either think they're not worth it, or they're too poor, or they're too _____ - you fill in the blank. I love Philippians 1:6. It says, "Being confident of this very thing that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." God started something in me the day that he saved me and, until I die, He plans to finish that work...if I will just let Him! I've learned a lot from the story of Gideon! You should read it sometime this week...in the book of Judges!
I guess I'd better run! I just wanted to type a quick update while I had a few minutes! Hope your week is going great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment