Oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! I can't wait for the leaves to start falling and to put pumpkins on the porch!! I'm excited about cooler weather, too...even though I'll miss my flip flops!
Life has been going good lately! Isaac is so funny these days. He's trying to talk and is learning something new or different pretty much every day. He's been peeing and pooping on the potty more than he was before so that's encouraging. Of course, I am not stressing about it in the least. I've been putting him on the potty since he was about 7 months old (he's 14 months old now). I always try to do it first thing in the morning and pretty much any time I change his diaper. He is not potty trained by any sense of the phrase but he (1) knows what the potty is (2) pees most times when you ask him to (3) tries to poop when you ask him to (4) claps when he DOES pee or poop (5) claps along with our "potty song." I guess a lot of people would think it's a lot of trouble to put him on the potty so much. That's what I would've thought. But it doesn't really take any more time. I'm hoping he'll train easier than his brothers did!
Josiah's dream girl moved this week. He was so sad. She moved to a neighboring school district so at least she's not far. He liked her all last year and this year so far. That's all he's talked about this week. Poor child. On another note...he's doing really good in school (which he absolutely loves). He loves to read and he loves math. So far, he pretty much enjoys every aspect of school. I hope it stays that way!
Elihu is learning to read and is doing GREAT! We had a little bit of a rough start but now he's catching on!! He's learning several new words each week and is just getting better and better at it!! He's really enjoying school, too. He's still learning all the "ins and outs" of Kindergarten but so far he has liked each new thing.
Shannon is still trying to get this barn up and running. The barn itself is up of course...but there are stalls that must be built and catch pens and shoots and poles to be put in. It's too big a job for one man but so far he's managed really well! He has put in several poles (as in telephone poles) by himself! I don't know how in the world he did it! My cousin came last night and helped him and is hopefully coming back again today! What a blessing!! I think it encouraged Shannon just to not have to do it by himself and to see a little more progress made! Mama came over and got Isaac so I could go help, too. We managed to get about 5 sheets of metal up in the stall where the hay will be stored. Shannon said he hopes this is the only barn he'll ever have to build!
We get to have a date night this weekend! Yay! We haven't had one of those in awhile. Usually, the only ones we manage to get are weddings or funerals or something like that. I'm so glad we have parents who enjoy our boys and who don't mind watching them now and then!!
Please pray for our friends Shane & Joyce. We got a phone call last night that their house burned. It was a total loss. They have 2 boys and I'm sure they're all in shock.
Well, I hope your weekend is a great one! Don't forget to make church a part of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment