Yes, you read correctly! So far I've had no Mountain Dews and no chocolate for almost 2 weeks now!! I'm going to try it for one month...mostly just to see if I can actually do it or not. I read an article in the May 2011 Ladies Home Journal Magazine. A lady had written an article about being addicted to sugar and trying to quit. Anyway...her article "moved me" I guess you could say. Ha! She said the AHA recommends 24 g of sugar per day for women. When I looked at the back of the Mountain Dew can and saw 46 g, I knew something had to be done. Amazingly enough, after I learned this little tidbit of info, I haven't even WANTED a Mt. Dew! Wow!!! I'm not going to say that I haven't wanted chocolate because I HAVE!! I am going to try to make it a month and see how I feel. I've already lost a few pounds so that was encouraging too. I'm wondering if all the sugar has something to do with all the headaches I was having!?!? I haven't had one in a couple of weeks so I'm anxious to see if I think it's all connected in some way. I'm keeping a journal of my daily cravings (or non-cravings) just to keep me accountable I guess.
Mama & Daddy celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary last week! I knew their anniversary was coming up but I didn't realize until the day before that it was the big 4-0!!! Wow! Congrats to them for making it through all these years!
We have Easter parties coming up at school this week. The boys always gets excited about those! Elihu was stressed out today because he said he was supposed to take 12 eggs in BEFORE the day of the party. He said his teacher needed to count them. I assured him that I could count all the way to 12 and that we would get his eggs together this afternoon! That made him feel a teeny bit better. Josiah doesn't even know how many eggs he's supposed to take. He's been supposed to ask his teacher all week but hasn't yet. Will he remember today? Probably...but I sent his teacher an email just in case!
We also have an Easter Program coming up at church this Sunday! I think it's going to be really good. The play is based more around extemporaneous speaking than anything...but that's what makes it so personal. You actually feel like the characters who are speaking are really those people. I can't wait til Sunday!! Come join us at Gethsemane Baptist Church at 11:00 am (9:30 for Sunday School).
Hope you're having a great week! Happy Thursday to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment