Elihu lost 2 more teeth yesterday! His top front tooth was loose and one of his bottom side teeth. Since Papa is the Master at pulling teeth we decided to let him have a try at it! Of course, they just popped right out in about 2 seconds. Elihu was a little traumatized at first but then decided it was sort of cool to lose 2 teeth at once. He already had one missing and none of the teeth that are missing are side-by-side. His teeth have that polka-dot look to them. Ha!!
Isaac and I got to eat lunch with Josiah yesterday at school. I don't know which boy was more excited...Josiah or Isaac! Isaac literally screamed out Josiah's name as soon as he saw him. I think Josiah was proud to show him off. He usually doesn't talk much when you eat with him but he did a little better this time! We sat at the "parent table." I told him I didn't want to sit with his class because it was hard enough keeping up with Isaac without 25 kids laughing at every single thing he does.
Elihu is really making progress with his reading. We practice every day...he reads to me at least 10 or 15 minutes. He's learning to sound out the words rather than just guess at them. He's really enjoying school and seems to enjoy homework pretty well too! He has his own journal that he does math problems and words and stuff in. He thinks he is very "big" to have such a fancy journal (spiral-bound notebook).
I'm still reading through my Bible a chapter at a time. I write something down for each chapter...whether it's a summary, a few key verses, or just something that jumps out at me. So far I've read Genesis through Ecclesiastes. I'll start on the book of Solomon this week. I plan to read Michael Pearl's book along with it for commentary.
I highly recommend the Pearls' books if you've never read them. Debi Pearl wrote one called "Created to be His Help Meet." She also has one called "Preparing to be His Help Meet" for those who are not married yet. Michael Pearl, her husband, wrote a book called "To Train Up A Child" that is by far the BEST book I have ever read on child training and discipline. There are so many things in the book that are "obvious" that you don't even realize you know to do until you read it in black and white! I have read several of their books and highly recommend all of them!! They have a web site - www.nogreaterjoy.org - check it out!!
Hope your week is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment