Isaac got into the goldfish bag and dumped innumerable ones into the floor and then proceeded to "load" and "unload" them into his tractor. Needless to say there were goldfish crumbs from one end of the living room to the other. Oh. My. Goodness.
The NEXT day, I walk into the living room to find him with his juice cup and a very wet couch. He had taken all the cushions off the couch and piled them in the corner. He then proceeded to pour his juice onto the back of the couch. It was literally running in streams down the seat. The bottom of the couch had 2 or 3 dry spots and that was it. It took FOREVER to clean up. There was juice all over the couch and the 2 end tables as well as juice all in the floor. Thankfully we have hardwood so it just mopped right up...but WHAT A JOB! Oh. My. Goodness.
The NEXT day, he had pooped in his little potty and evidently tripped or fell over or something when he stood up. Guess what stopped the fall? His hands IN the potty of poop. GROSS! He was mortified!! He had poop on his hands and it had somehow gotten onto his sock. I put him on the stool at the sink so we could get him cleaned up and that's when I saw "the trail" from his sock to the rug, the linoleum, the stool and the counter. GROSS! I just looked in the mirror at myself and my crying, gagging, horrified child and just started to laugh my head off. What else is there to do in a moment like this? I finally put him over into the tub and put all the clothes and anything else that had touched poop into a Wal-Mart bag. Once I got him bathed and cleaned up, I took the bag and dumped it into the washing machine. Oh. My. Goodness. What a day!!
Yesterday and today have been (fairly) uneventful. I was afraid the cows were out this morning but thankfully they were just being extra loud and rowdy for some reason or other!? I sure am glad my hubby is heading home from being out of town for a week! We have missed him SEVERELY!! I of course miss him just for the simple fact of him being my hubby...but you can't help but miss him for the HELP he adds to the family each week! Him being gone completely throws my schedule for a loop. I don't take my vitamins. We don't eat decent supper most nights. We don't eat decent breakfast most days. I just don't get it...there are still 4 of us. He is only 1!! But somehow this affects my mental calendar or something...ha!
I honestly don't see how single parents do it week after week. I surely wouldn't CHOOSE to be single. I know many singles had no choice. Needless to say they've had my praise this week for sure!
What a week!!
1 comment:
Oh.My.Goodness. The poop story made me laugh, and yes that's gross! LOL Thanks for this. I needed the laugh!!!!
Post a Comment