So...I bought a digital piano several years back. One of the greatest purchases of my life! My ultimate goal was to be able to print out sheet music to all the songs that I have written. After getting the piano, we started saving for a new laptop (which we now have! Yay!) I then downloaded some free software and enjoyed manually entering notes for various songs. That got a little frustrating since I had to think so much about how to make each measure "work." Ugh!! So I began to think once again about getting myself set up for the whole technical process that looks so easy. Key word here is LOOKS. I now have the piano. I now have the laptop. I now have the MIDI/USB cable to connect the two. I now have the software. What I do NOT have is the brainpower to make it work. I have researched and researched and have loaded in various drivers and software that make it sound like that their "thing" is the last "thing" I need to complete my wonderful mission.
So now I feel like I'm back to square one. I don't want to keep loading various software onto my computer. I don't know if I need another cable to make my computer READ the MIDI inputs. I just don't know the final touch at making it all come together.
Several years ago I was at a lady's house. She had written several songs and was so excited about her new software. She took us into her study and proceeded to play a song. I sat there and watched the notes she played on her piano go directly to her computer screen as sheet music. This is the very thing that I want to do with mine but it is not working.
I seriously doubt that a digital piano guru who has working knowledge in software applications and MIDI cables is gonna read my post. BUT, if someone DOES, please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've just about had it and am ready to throw in the towel.
Thank you. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment