Yay! I finally got a new computer! I am very thankful for my old computer but it just kept getting slower and slower and then it finally started making this awful grinding sound. The poor thing is still running. It just has to be about 104 in people years. Ha!!
We're all staying busy as usual. The boys are back in school in full swing! Elihu is gearing up for another year in scouts! He is busy trying to sell popcorn. If you haven't bought any and would like some, he would LOVE to sell you some! He has to sell $350 worth. We're not too far from the goal but still have a little ways to go. The money made on popcorn supports him directly as well as the 2 camping sites that our pack uses. We found out that the popcorn sales is what keeps these 2 facilities running for the most part. They are wonderful places for these boys to go camp out with their families and learn new things. Both spots are just beautiful. We always enjoy getting to camp out as a family!
Josiah is taking guitar lessons. He is really getting good! Levi has done well teaching him. He is currently learning "There is a Fountain." I just love, love, love to hear him practicing these songs. I sure hope he loves music as much as I do. I hope he sticks with it and really uses it for the Lord and His glory.
Isaac is just as funny as ever. He is constantly surprising us with some new word or funny thing he has learned. Tonight on the way home from church he was trying to tell us what Ms. Christie taught in class. He said he couldn't remember...that he was "all mixed up." I asked him if the story was about Jesus and he said no. Shannon asked if the story had animals and he got all excited! He said, "Yes! There were 4 lions!" He then proceeded to tell us about the 4 men in the fiery furnace. We were very impressed with his story...that he remembered and that he listened that well! Then, he told us that the 4 lions ate Daniel and they had to put a fishing pole down in the hole to get him out!? Oh well... (He DID tell us later that he got the story "a little mixed up." That must be his new phrase for the week. :-)
Shannon is still traveling some with his job. He really seems to be good at what he does. I'm so thankful he has such a good job. He's really good with people and has always been an excellent teacher...no matter what age group he's working with. We always miss him when he's gone. Isaac is never too sure about going to bed when his daddy isn't here. :-(
I just wanted to write a quick update on the Irvins (and I wanted to use my new computer!!) Hope everyone is having a great week! Don't forget to go to church this Sunday!
1 comment:
Love to see your updates! Glad the family is doing well! We don't see y'all enough. We should do something about that!!! LOL
Post a Comment