We got home from church last Sunday and the boys were playing outside with Shannon. Elihu told him that he should've gone to the altar to get saved. Bro. Tom Gragg had preached about the 90 and 9 sheep. Sunday night when we got home from church, Elihu told Shannon again that he should've gone down after Bro. Donald (our pastor) preached. Shannon was in his closet, sitting in his chair taking his shoes off. Elihu started asking lots of questions. I realized that they were really "talking" and not just goofing off so I tried to keep the other 2 boys out of the way. After about 15 minutes or so, Elihu prayed and asked Jesus into his heart!! The smile on his face was enough for me! He came running out, hugged me around my waist and said how much different his heart felt...how it felt so much better! This morning at church, he got up and told everyone that he had gotten saved and that he wanted to join the church and be baptized.
Josiah has been praying for over 2 years to be saved. It just didn't "come easy" for him like it did for Elihu. He also talked to Shannon and prayed...but no change. He was so disappointed! Then he said that maybe God was gonna require something a little more from him...that maybe he needed to be at church, to go down to the altar in front of everyone, that maybe this was something God was requiring of him.
So, this morning at church, Shannon preached. I couldn't really tell if Josiah was paying attention or not. He's had a sore throat and was complaining about an earache last night. We had given him medicine this morning before church and I could tell he was getting sleepy. He actually dozed off during church. I was hoping and praying (along with lots of friends) that TODAY would be the day of salvation!! When Shannon gave the invitation, we stood up. In a few minutes my own heart started pounding like when I got saved. About that time, Josiah nudged my arm. I looked down at him and he pointed to the altar. I asked him if he wanted to go pray and he said yes. So we went down to pray. I asked if he wanted to pray and he said no. I asked if he wanted to pray after me and he said yes. So, with me squalling, I whispered in his ear and he repeated the prayer. I'm surprised he could even understand me. :-) When we said Amen, I asked him if he felt different. He looked up and the smile on his face was all I needed. I asked where he would go when he died and he said, "Heaven!" Shannon came over and talked to him and you could just tell he had a peace.
He, too, told the church that he had gotten saved this morning and that he wanted to join the church and be baptized. What a wonderful, wonderful day!! The boys will hopefully be baptized next Sunday! They both prayed a "Thank you, Lord" for getting saved and for feeling "better." There's nothing like the Lord taking that awful burden of needing salvation.
One happy Mama...signing off. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment