I'll start with Josiah! He turned 11 last Monday. This pre-teen thing is funny because he's maturing - yet he's still "little" in some ways. He's been cutting the grass and doing a great job! Shannon does the trim work for him and he does the rest. It's a tough job cutting our grass because we live on a hill...none of the yard is very easy to cut.
He'll start middle school this year...I can't believe THAT either! We counted up the other day...he only has 7 years left of school. That's not long people!! He did good in school last year. He has also been playing his guitar at church on Sunday mornings and Sunday nights. He plays during the congregation singing and also during the choir singing. He has improved so much!!
Elihu has had a good summer! He really enjoyed school this past year and is excited about being in 3rd grade! I can't believe how big he has gotten either! He's been very helpful around the house and even in doing little things at church.
They both got to go to Woodmen Camp and really enjoyed it! I think their favorite part was the dance. They actually got to dance with girls and liked it! Uh oh! That's ALL we heard about for the days and weeks following camp!
Isaac has had a great summer too! He turned 4 yesterday and is gearing up for a big "farm" party tomorrow! We'll have pony rides, a hay ride, steer roping, and a goat petting zoo. He may not sleep tonight because of all his excitement! I picked his cake up today and it looks great...a super cute tractor cake with fences and "dirt." Ms. Margaret did a great job!
We had VBS this week and what a GREAT week it was! Isaac did so good going with his class and not crying or whining. Josiah and Elihu both behaved and seemed to really do well in their classes too! They all really enjoyed the week! Several kids were under conviction so we're hoping we'll hear some really good news soon about their salvations!
Speaking of salvation, I was saved 25 years ago TODAY! I will never forget that day as long as I live! And I will never forget that wonderful peace that poured over my whole being the moment that I got saved. I think I was so worried and so aware that I was going to Hell (before I got saved), that once I got it, I have never ever had any doubts! I am so thankful for that! I have failed him so many times but He is always faithful. No matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment