I had 9 bags of bark left over from a few weeks back. I finally took the time to put them out on our barren bank. The bank USED to have bark on it, but I think it has all blown away...I felt like I was borrowing from Peter to pay Paul so to speak. I would try to rake over the bare spots only to reveal a NEW bare spot. Ugh. I put out the 9 bags and needed several more to finish. Shannon went and got us 20 more bags and I put THOSE out last night, too. I thought 20 would be PLENTY. Yeah right. I should know better. Every single time I try to estimate ANYTHING I always think...just add about 5 more and you'll be safe. And then the devil side of my brain says, "No...that's PLENTY." Remind me not to listen to that side of my brain. Sure enough I needed about 5 more bags. Ugh. But it looks MUCH better now! And when I get my 5 more bags, it'll be complete! Yay!
Rosco dug around in it while I was putting it out. I tried not to let it stress me out too bad. Yikes. My anal tendencies and puppies evidently don't mix too well. He finally wandered off to see what the boys were doing. They're learning to play with him. They do much better with him when Shannon is home because he actually knows how to teach them to play with Rosco. I told Daddy that me trying to teach them to play with Rosco would be about like him trying to teach somebody how to play the piano. (FYI: for those of you who don't know my daddy, he can't play the piano) :-)
I've never been much of a dog person...hey, I've never been much of an animal person! It always seemed like I was the one who dropped the little newborn kittens and I was the one who got chased by the big mean dog and I was the one who the horse would run away with. Yes, all of those have happened. Thus...me not being an animal person. But I'm learning. Hey, I have to learn with all the animal activity going on at our house! But I think I will be better when I can see the animals on a day-to-day basis at my house. I can see how they act and see their tendencies and just get comfortable being around them. Make sense?
Shannon hopes to bring some of the horses over on Saturday. At least he's taking it slow for the sake of his bride... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment