Friday, May 16, 2008

Josiah's Phone Call

The boys had just sat down to eat supper last night when the phone rang. I hear Shannon say, "He is...hold on just one second," and then I hear him call Josiah to the phone. Josiah just kind of looks at him with this blank look like he's never talked to anybody on the phone before. It was funny. He takes the phone from Shannon and puts it up to his ear and just stands there looking at us. I told him he needed to say "Hello" so the other person would know he's on the phone. He finally said hello and then started chatting away with his friend Dylan. I, of course, had to take his picture!! It was the cutest thing! Josiah's 1st official phone call! Am I sentimental or what?

It's funny how we take for granted things like talking on the phone. I've never thought about having to "teach" someone how to talk on the phone. He would say a few things and then just stand there. Shannon and I kept feeding him things to ask Dylan or things to talk about. They started getting really silly by this time...talking about poop and underwear and stuff. Why is stuff like that so funny to a kid? I got to talk to Dylan's mom after they talked. She said Dylan had asked to call Josiah (he'd gotten his # from him at school) and that she hoped it was okay. I told her it was more than fine! She said it was the first time Dylan had ever called anybody. It was funny because she said that she had to tell him what to do, what to say, how to ask for Josiah, etc. At least we're not the only ones!!

It was a great moment...and just another little step on his ladder of life to remind me that he's growing up! He's still quick to remind me, "I'm almost 6 you know!"

I'll have to post the pictures later...I haven't uploaded them yet! Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

How adorable! At first I thought it was going to be girl on the other end of the phone when I was reading this. Maybe you won't have to worry about that for a few more years! :)