Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Stuff...

Josiah has been working on his school words since school got out. He now knows all the words on his list so we can keep reviewing them over the summer! I've also been working with him a little on the piano. He started showing some interest so I decided to go with it. I have a sheet that has all the notes on it (for people who are just learning to play) that goes across the piano. I set it up and taught him the first song that I ever learned called "I can read." I also wrote out the notes with the note name beneath. He practiced it several times...kind of slow...but I could tell he was getting better. Now he knows it by heart. I'm gonna try and teach him a few simple ones here and there and see how he does. Who knows!?!?

We went to Wal-Mart one day this week. They usually have the new DVD displays right when you go in the door. They had one up for the new Indiana Jones movie. The boys went running over to it, squatted down in front of it, and Josiah said, "Look, Elihu!! It's Henrietta Jones." I thought that was sooo funny. Every time I look at Indiana Jones from now on, I'll think about Josiah calling him Henrietta Jones. I guess it DOES kind of sound like Henrietta...

He's got the countdown going for his birthday. He is soooo excited. I picked up his pirate cake today. We're just having his grandparents and aunt/uncles over. I figure when he's bigger (and knows to ask for one) I'll do a "kid" party. :-) I'm trying to think of something special we can do ON his birthday. It's coming up on Tuesday the 17th. We went with Pam to the movies yesterday. She took them to see Kung Fu Panda for his birthday. They loved it! It was a cute movie! After she left, he told Shannon he needed to give her a flower for taking him to the movies for his birthday. Shannon said, "Well, you could just give her a hug." Josiah told him, "No, you give hugs to people you love. You give flowers to people you really love." How sweet!

Shannon's been out of town all week. We were all happy to see him get back in last night! He had a good trip I think. We all sure miss him when he's gone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that is so precious of him to say that. They are both adorable. I hope you guys are having a great day.