Thursday, July 31, 2008

General Stuff

I'm like Amy...I don't really feel like my life is that exciting. I usually end up having to THINK up something to blog about. How sad is that!?!

Josiah's arm seems to be getting better and better each day. We go back one week from today for more x-rays and a shorter cast. Maybe it won't be an ordeal.

We've just been doing our usual stuff this week. I've been reading some new books I bought on Amazon. I usually have about 4 or 5 books going at one time. Sometimes it might even take me a year to finish one. I'll read on it and then put it on the back burner for awhile and then pick it back up again later. I'm always interested in hearing about good books YOU have read so pass some titles along to me!

I've been reading lots of books on discipline and kids...some of the advice I've read has helped and some hasn't. I've also been reading some Christian romance novels...they're all pretty good! The only bad thing is putting them DOWN! Ugh. That's my weakness. I also like the self-help books...you know about being a better wife, a better mom, etc. One (which was actually written for the MEN to read...but I wanted to read it and see what it said) is called "What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women." It was a really good book! I've heard there's one out about what husbands wish their wives knew but I haven't read it yet. I really enjoyed reading The New Birth Order Book, by Kevin Leman, too. It helped me get a better perspective on why we all do some of the things we do.

I'm trying to get my brain geared up for pricing all my junk! I've been sorting through some clothes and things and I just can't make myself go down to the basement and start pricing it all! Ugh. I always dread that sort of thing so bad...but then I'm so glad when I sell it and make some extra money! $$$$$

My dear hubby is taking off tomorrow so we can ALL go school shopping together! Please say a prayer for us as we WILL have both boys. But I'm already trying to tell myself what a great day it's going to be and to just take things one at a time (and maybe take some drugs before I leave, too! Ha!)

Have a great weekend! Happy August 1st!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I can feel your blogging dilemma! Believe me, I LOVE reading your blog and I have never thought one of them was boring! Some book suggestions would be anything by Beverly Lewis. She writes mainly about Amish folks and it's usually a love story! I love reading her stuff! I've been reading something different lately - The Chronicles of Narnia. It's pretty neat to compare them to the movies that are out. Oh, I know you've probably read this one too, but Redeeming Love is AWESOME! Also, Pretense by Lori Wick is a wonderful book.

Have fun shopping! I don't think there's a great time to go since it was busy every where I went today!

Good luck!