Wow! I think I'm having "Blog Withdrawals." I haven't blogged in over a week! That's probably a record for me!
Let's see what's happened over the past week. It never seems like anything extraordinary happens...just the same day-to-day life. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you! I tend to like the same ole same ole to an extent!
Saturday was the cookout over at Sandy & Libby's. They had a pretty good turnout and tons of food! It was also Hannah's 4th birthday. I took my camera and then didn't take a single, solitary picture. Go figure. But it was fun! The boys had a blast and we got to see a few people we hadn't seen since LAST year's cookout.
Mama cut their hair that night. We dropped one off on the way home and then went home and unloaded the trailer. Shannon had took a horse over to their house when we went to the cookout and traded out for one of the boys' ponies. We unloaded Trigger and then headed back over to Mama & Daddy's to get the other one's hair cut. She always does a great job. They get lots and lots of compliments on their hair cuts!
Sunday was Homecoming. The Threads of Hope came and sang and did an awesome job! They're a Bluegrass/Southern Gospel group...who are all about our age. Most all of them play at least one instrument and a lot of their songs are written by group members. One of the main singers, Misti, was Amy's roommate in college. The other singer, Sabrina, is Elihu's future wife. Or at least that's what he says. It doesn't matter that she's 20 years older than him. He's in love!
The boys were out of school Monday and Tuesday for Fall Break. Josiah got to spend the night with Mema & Papa and stay the entire day on Monday! He thought that was wonderful to say the least! Mema fixed his new Spiderman costume, too...which made him very very happy!
I got to go out with the girls on Monday night. My friend Libby is due in a few weeks with her 2nd...a little boy! We all met at Pueblo's in Clarkesville near the square. It was yummy! I think there were 5 of us total. This time, however, I completely FORGOT my camera. Thankfully Leigh Ann remembered hers. I'll post some pics whenever she emails them to me!
Tuesday the boys and I got to go eat lunch with Shannon on Josiah's day off. He really enjoyed that since he doesn't get to do it very often. Wednesday was back to school. Thankfully Josiah really enjoys school so we never have a problem with getting him back in the routine. He has art this week so that made him happy! He really enjoys P.E. and art...but he likes all the specials. He came home one day and told Shannon, "Coach Shook and Ms. Page...They SO rock." He's hilarious.
Elihu and I went shopping with Amy yesterday in Commerce. He did pretty good. Of course, like most men, he started getting tired of shopping after about the 2nd or 3rd store. He even asked Amy later on, "Are you going to try on shirts at every single store we go in?" She laughed her head off. We found a few good deals...nothing earth shattering.
Last night was the beginning of Christmas Play practice. The youth group is sooo excited about it! We practiced some parts last night and divided up some parts and songs and stuff. I guess it seems early but we only have 2 months left...and that's not very many Wednesday nights between now and December 21st!
Today I took Elihu to have his picture made. He did okay...but he wouldn't mind what the lady would ask him to do. He wasn't mean or ugly about it...he just smiled and said, "No." I could've rung his neck. I SHOULD'VE taken him out and gave him a "talking to" but I knew he'd cry his eyeballs out and then his face would look all red and puffy for the pictures. We finally got some good shots though. We went and ate lunch with Mama & Amy at Brad's Grill (Amy's off and home this week) and then went back to Mama's office.
It's been a full and busy week. Now we're getting ready for a den meeting tonight. I guess we'll just take Elihu with us. Maybe he won't tear the place down! I need to start supper and wash a few dishes! I hope your weekend is great and maybe you haven't been too bored for the past 5 or 6 minutes of blogging!
If you have your own blog and I don't have my page linked to yours, please let me know so I can keep up with yours, too! Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment