Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3 a.m??? Yuck.

Well, here I sit. It's 3:00 in the morning and I've been up for over an hour. Bug eyed. I hate it when I can't sleep. I finally got up and came in here to check my email. I kept thinking that if I laid there long enough and still enough that I'd finally drift off to sleep.

Yeah, whatever. Ugh.

Anyway...let's see what has happened since the last time I posted. Hmmmm...

Saturday morning Josiah and I went with Mama to Sharing and Caring, a thrift store in the area. They were having a $3 bag sale (everything you can get into a paper bag for $3). Of course I went straight to the tiny little maternity rack...just to see if they had anything good. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! I found maybe 3 or 4 things...feeling quite proud and happy for myself. One of the volunteers came around to hang out some more things. Mama noticed it was maternity clothes so she made some exclamation of excitement on my behalf. The lady of course noticed that I was pregnant and whispered that if we'd hang close by she was bringing out a lot more stuff! Needless to say I went home with close to 2 bags SLAP FULL of maternity clothes...mostly shirts and several pairs of pants! I definitely hit the jackpot and was very proud to get "new" and different things to wear!

Saturday night Mama cooked for my birthday. We had Marzetti (a family recipe that's similar to lasagna...but better), salad, green beans, carrots, and a cookie cake. It was all scrumptious! I still have a couple more birthday celebrations so it's not even over YET! Yay for me!!

Monday was my (almost) 16 weeks checkup. Everything went well...my bp was good and the baby's heartbeat was good and strong. The midwife was amazed at how active the baby was and that she could HEAR it bumpin' around in there! I feel lots of "flutters" and am starting to feel some real movements here and there...but it's still a little early yet! Our next appt is Feb 17 and we'll get to find out if it's a boy or a girl! We're trying not to think too much on names until we know the sex!

It seems like we have so many "little" decisions to make about all kinds of things that are coming up. We're trying to do some work on a part of our yard...we've gotten some prices but just aren't sure that we can afford to pay someone...yet we don't know that we can do the job ourselves either. Ugh!

We're also trying to figure out about the rooming situation for the boys and the baby! Right now, both boys have their own rooms...across the hall from ours. But we only have the 2 bedrooms besides ours so something has to be done! We have a bonus room that we're hoping to finish for the boys a BIG room to share! But, once again, it costs money and that worries on our minds, too. We were hoping to do a lot of the work ourselves but there's only one problem. We don't know HOW. So, we're assessing money situations again...seeing what direction is best.

Last night the cub scouts got to go and tour the WDUN Radio Station. Our friend Joel Williams gave them a tour of all kinds of news rooms, talk rooms, etc. The boys had a blast (and actually behaved pretty well!) Josiah only has a few more requirements in order to get his Tiger Cub badge. He's worked hard this year on all of his outings and things!

Well, I guess I've rambled long enough. I need to start winding my brain down so that maybe I can get a few hours of shuteye before the boys are up and heading out for school! Thanks for reading! Hope your week's a good one!

1 comment:

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

Hey sorry you can't sleep. I hope it gets better. It sounds like you've got alot of decisions to make before the little one gets here. I can't wait to hear what it is.