Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm hoping Elihu is finally better. He's been running a fever off and on since Monday. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday because his teacher called me from school and said he felt hot and that his ears were red as a beet! I just knew it was an ear infection again...so I went ahead and made him an appt. Well, his ears looked good along with everything else the doctor checked. He decided to prick his finger and check some things about his blood. He said that Elihu's white blood cell count was pretty low...which was an indication of something viral and not infection. He said to treat it more or less like the flu...Tylenol/Motrin alternating every 6 hrs or so and lots of liquids. Well, he wakes up Wednesday morning and seems to feel great all day long with no fever whatsoever. Then he wakes us up at 2:00 am with a fever of 104! He ran a fever all day Thursday and a low-grade fever some on Friday. He hasn't run one at all today so I'm hoping this fever stuff has passed. What's so crazy is that he seems to have felt pretty good throughout the ordeal. Thursday, when his fever was so high, he complained several times about feeling tired or something hurting...but since then he's been bouncing off the walls like normal!

Last night we went with our friends Chris & Rena to look at a piano. She's hoping to learn how to play and wanted our opinion on how the piano sounded, etc. They ended up buying it and loading it up right then! Shannon and Chris unloaded it when we got back. It took a little thought and figuring on their part but they finally got it in the house! Rena was sooo excited! We ended up staying til after 10:00 just visiting with them. They said nobody ever comes to see them and they hardly ever have visitors. We told them that sounded familiar to us, too! I guess people just don't visit like they used to. I always feel like I need to have a reason to go see somebody...that if I don't, they're sitting there thinking, "Is she ever gonna tell me why she's here?" Ha!

Elihu & I have been loners this morning. Josiah is spending the day at Nana's and Shannon had to meet with a guy from work this morning. I wasn't sure if Elihu was better or not so I just let him vegg in his little chair and watch videos. Shannon finally got home after lunch (much to Elihu's delight) and they're now outside working on the fence.

We're going to eat with Ben & Lela tonight for my birthday. I'm still not sure where I want to pick to go...there are so many choices. On one hand, I love to try new places. But then what if I get there and the food is not so great. On the other hand, I could always go to my old faithful favorites b/c I KNOW I like the food there! I have a feeling the latter is going to win out tonight!!

Anyway...I'd better try to accomplish something while I have a few moments to myself. Hope your weekend is great! Don't forget church tomorrow!!

No comments: