Monday, March 16, 2009

The Latest Happenings...

Thursday night was PTO. Josiah got to carry one of the flags with his Cub Scout den. They had so much fun. The flags were JUST ABOUT more than they could carry...but they managed them just fine! He looked so cute! I got some pictures...but as usual, I don't have them uploaded yet. There's no telling WHAT all I have pics of on there that I haven't uploaded. I usually do better with 'em than this. Oh well...

Mama & Daddy were out of town this past weekend. They went to Savannah for a convention. Her and her brothers and sister have been taking turns fixing supper for Grandma & Grandpa. Mama's night is usually on Fridays so she'd asked me to take supper for her. I fixed salmon patties, fried potatoes (better known as Fried Tators), and green beans. Grandma didn't eat much but Grandpa ate pretty good. Elihu usually eats just enough to stay alive. Josiah on the other hand ate AT LEAST 5 salmon patties...possibly more. He absolutely loves 'em. We visited for a couple of hours and headed home for the nighttime routine. I feel so bad about visiting our grandparents. It just seems like each day goes by and something ALWAYS manages to come up to interfere with a plan you have to go see one of them. I'm so thankful for ALL our grandparents...mine AND Shannon's!

On Saturday, our friend Chris came over and framed up 2 closets for us up in the bonus room. I'm hoping Daddy can do the electrical part for us one day this week. Maybe I can get at least most of the supplies tomorrow. It's always exciting to have some sort of "work in progress" going on! But that part of me keeps wishing it was all done and everything was in place so I didn't have to think about it any more! Ha!!!

Saturday night Elihu and I went out to eat with my friends Amanda & Pam. We went to a new place in Clarkesville called Hawg Wild. It's a BBQ and Catfish House (weird combo I know...but VERY good). The food was great and we all got to catch up on everything! Elihu thinks the world of them BOTH!

Sunday afternoon was Josiah's den meeting. They played some board games and things to help them get some of their electives. We're planning another camping trip this Spring so that's exciting! Everyone was SO amazed that I was planning to go. I guess they thought I wouldn't feel up to it...surely one night won't kill me! At least maybe not...

I headed out to the freezer (we keep an extra one in the garage) this morning to lay out something for supper. As soon as I reached in to get the pack of meat it was SOFT in my hand. Ugh. Several things were completely thawed but then some things were still frozen. Very strange. Thankfully the 3 boxes of chicken I had JUST bought a few days back were still frozen. We didn't have to throw anything away I don't think...I'll just be cooking up some extra stuff!! Mama & Daddy came over to help me move it out to defrost it. Thankfully we got it all cleaned up, plugged it back in and it seems to be freezing again. I wonder if it just needed defrosting or if the boxes of chicken didn't allow enough air flow or something. Who knows?? I'm just sooo thankful that nothing was ruined!

Mama cleaned on the garage, sweeping and sorting and straightening up, and it looks SO much better! I helped her some but she did the bulk of it herself! I wish I was as motivated for cleaning and straightening as SHE is!! Whenever I DO get motivated, I'm going, going, gone. It just takes me awhile to GET that way! :-)

I guess I'd better end my novel and start some supper. Thanks for reading! Have a great week!!

No comments: