Whew! Elihu and I just got back from eating lunch with Josiah at school! All I can say is that I think I have a slight twitch now. Ha! Those kids can sure be overwhelming to say the least. I told Josiah's teacher that I was going to have to pray for her a little MORE!
I wasn't going to take Elihu with me but Josiah thought it would be "so cool" if Elihu got to come and eat lunch with him, too. Elihu was pretty excited about it as well...so I decided to just take him with me. The book fair is this week so Josiah wanted me to come and shop with him after lunch today.
So we're in line getting our food. I told Elihu he was going to share with me because I knew he wouldn't eat enough to warrant buying him his OWN lunch (and I was right!). Anyway...he grabbed for the trays and grabbed for the sides and anything else that was in his path. Whew! I finally managed to get our food paid for and on the table next to Josiah. I told Elihu to sit still and went and got my tea. When I got back, the girls next to me informed me that Elihu said he wanted to have "s-e-x" with Ariana (she's a girl in Josiah's class that he says he's in love with). Well of course I was immediately horrified but knew that Elihu didn't know that word to even say it in the first place. So I told the girls he didn't know that word and that I knew he hadn't said that. Well, the girl sitting ACROSS from us said, "Oh, he said that! He said that him and her are going to have a baby!" I sighed a big sigh of relief. You see, to Elihu, that just simply means that you love the person and are going to marry them. So I knew he'd said THAT instead of the previous statement. Thank you, Lord!
He proceeds to flirt with Ariana every chance he gets and make silly faces and cross-eyed looks at all the kids around us. Meanwhile, Josiah sits there and eats his food just like he's supposed to. They're night and day, those two! Elihu pretty much kept them all entertained while we ate...much to my chagrin! We finally finished lunch and headed to the library for the book fair. Josiah found his books right away and Elihu finally found one he wanted. Then they saw these long pointer finger things (a total waste of money in my opinion) but they thought they were the coolest things ever! So, the wonderful mother that I am, I let them pick them out one each. We paid for everything and headed to Josiah's room to take him back and tell him bye. Elihu attempts to poke every single person we pass with his new "finger." I thought I was going to kill him before we made it back to the car. Ahhh! I know he's just 4 but some days are sure trying! I think he even listens when I tell him things but it's like he's got his own agenda going in his brain. Of course you can't help but laugh at some of the things he does!
Thankfully he's asleep in his bed now! We have more busy things to do this afternoon so I'm glad he's taking a nap!
Paw-Paw is going to help Josiah cut out his chunk-of-wood derby car this afteroon! :-) Josiah's trying to figure out how to make it look and what colors, etc. He's pretty excited about it! This will be his first pinewood derby so who knows how his will do! I feel like the blind leading the blind...
My dear son Elihu just called me into his room (he's been "asleep" all of like 20 minutes). He had his visitor sticker on the wall and asked, "Do we put stickers on the wall?" Ugh. I told him no, that they could pull the paint off the wall. Thankfully it came off easily. I keep trying to tell him that he doesn't ask permission AFTER he's already done something. He also had his bedside table drawer opened and had evidently been pilfering through it. I told him to lay IN HIS BED, to BE STILL, and that I'd better NOT have to come in there again.
I think I need to go lay down.
:-)
Kids...
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading this post. It just made me laugh! It seems that you have your hands full!
Whew! They definitely keep me hopping! Elihu sure keeps us busy...seems like the only time he's actually CALM is when he's asleep! Ha! I'm hoping Boy #3 will be a calm one...
Post a Comment