Wow! I'm behind on my blog...some of you should take a hint at that. I'm only a week and a half late...some of you are MONTHS behind (you know who you are). Ha! I just had to say that...
Me & my sis got pedicures together for Easter. We didn't make an appointment. Obviously we don't get them enough to know we're SUPPOSED to make an appointment. Thankfully she worked us into the schedule though. We were there for almost 3 hours! But we were just hanging out together spending quality time...we don't get to do that as much as we'd like. It was fun! And I STILL have pretty toes...yay!!
I heard Rosco barking his head off last week...I'd told him to be quiet a time or two already and was starting to get aggravated. I went out on the back porch to scold him again and I heard OTHER dogs barking. Then I heard one of our poor little goats and I could tell something wasn't right. I ran in and called Shannon. Elihu was asleep and I couldn't go all the way down to the creek to check on her...I didn't know if my sore parts would make it down there and back any way. By the time I got off the phone with Shannon, I could hear NOTHING. Then, by the time he got home from visitation, the dogs had already killed the goat AND her baby. I felt bad that I couldn't do anything about it. What's so bad about it is that the dogs only killed them for sport...nothing more.
I worked on my hen & chicken (little succulent plants) pretty much all day Saturday. Mama and Daddy came over Thursday night to help us with some things. She helped me work on them some then! Actually, I helped HER. Ha! I also worked on some of my other potted plants on Saturday. Boy were my bones and muscles SORE on Sunday. Whew! I thought I was being careful but I think I overdid it for sure! It's so frustrating to not be able to just DO like you're used to doing. Sometimes when I bend over it feels like my head is going to explode!!
We had a sort of unexpected date night on Friday night. Josiah was spending the night with Nana & PawPaw. He'd also said he was going to ask PawPaw if he'd take them to The Warehouse (one of his favorite places to eat!!) PawPaw said he hated to take Josiah and Elihu not get to go so they ended up BOTH spending the night and BOTH getting to go eat catfish and ice cream. I think Josiah likes The Warehouse so good because he gets catfish and shrimp PLUS ice cream and it's all included in his meal. What a treat, huh? So Shannon and I went to Gainesville and used our gift certifcate (thank you Sandy & Libby) to Sea Bones. And it was YUMMY! I thought Shannon was going to pass out from food delight. Ha! He got the Ahi Tuna Steak and I got the pan-seared tilapia. They were both scrumptious!!
I can't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier post or not but the boys sang solos at church last Sunday night! We were so proud of them!! We actually sang a song as a family quartet but they each sang a verse solo. They both did a great job and they were both so proud to get to do it! I think Josiah is already gearing up for round #2.
One more thing and I'm done for the moment! The "Safe Kids" coordinator came out last night and did a bike safety talk for our cub scout group. They had a safety video and then our policeman friend Stephen showed them about taking care of their bikes and how to ride the correct way. They also fitted them for helmets and even traded in the old ones for new ones. I don't think they could have given Elihu a million dollars and made him ANY happier than getting his new helmet! They were both very proud!
I'll close with a baby update...I have about 10 or 11 weeks left before the baby's expected arrival! Everything is still going good. We hope to have the closets finished soon so that we can move the boys' stuff up there and get them moved into one bedroom together. Then, we can start getting the baby's room in order. I'm starting to get a little anxious about getting things ready. I just hope we get it all done in time!!
Hope your week's a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment