Sunday after church they got to hunt more Easter eggs with the Irvin family over at Shannon's granny's. They had a blast! Nanny & Hannah had made real eggs which the boys thought was neat! They ended up throwing ALL their real eggs up against the tree so they could see them "bust open." I guess that's a boy for you. Maybe Hannah wasn't offended...I guess that
's just the way boys enjoy life.We were eating supper Monday night and Elihu (our 4-year-old) looked at Shannon and said, "Did you know that if there wasn't a YOU, there wouldn't be a ME?" I thought that was just brilliant! At least it was funny and pretty insightful!!
Yesterday was my (almost) 27 week checkup. I had to drink the super sweet orange drink for my glucose test. They draw blood exactly one hour after you finish the drink. The boys prayed for me at breakfast because I was going to get a "shot." They think that if you get poked by ANYTHING at the doctor that it's a shot. I had gained 5 pounds...thankfully NOT another 16 like I did last time. But I'm right on track with the whole weight thing so I'm not worried and thankfully the doctors aren't either! My hemoglobin was very good...especially for a pregnant lady the doctor said. He was impressed with my BP and my blood work and pretty much everything else. He was amazed at how "on track" I was. I asked Shannon if he realized that he was married to the "ideal pregnant woman?" Ha Ha! Only kidding!! But it is a great peace of mind to be "healthy" and know that the baby seems to be doing good too! His heartbeat was 150 which is evidently very good as well. I've started on the 3-week regime now...then down to the 2-week schedule and then finally going every week til he gets here. Time is quickly drawing nigh!!
Chris & Shannon made more progress on our bonus room closets! They're looking really good. I can't wait to get it all finished so we can get the boys settled and get the baby's room settled and ready for his arrival! We're still working on a name...
Elihu also had his checkup yesterday. They pricked his finger right off the bat. He didn't cry but he sure was anxious about it. As soon as we got back out to the waiting room with Mema he started crying and crawled up in her lap. He stayed right there til they called us back! He did great on the vision and hearing test...passed both with flying colors. He finally got over the pricking and was the funny little guy that we all know as Elihu! The doctor checked him from head to toe and said everything looked good. He weighed 36 pounds and was 41.25 inches tall. He kept asking over and over and over about shots. I tried to just avoid the question because I knew we'd probably have a meltdown as soon as he found out he WAS getting shots. He ended up getting FIVE. Ugh! They had to do a thing under the skin of his arm for a TB test and then he got 2 shots in each leg and 1 in his arm. He of course bawled his eyeballs out. Thankfully, though, he was much happier when it was all over. The nurse gave him tons of stickers. I think that actually helped make up for the whole shots ordeal! :-) She was sure glad! He did fine the rest of the day and hasn't seemed to have any negative reactions to ANY of the shots!
Josiah got to play at Nana's house while Elihu & I had our doctor appointments. He took his egg decorating kit that Amy got him so that him and Nana could dye some eggs. He was VERY excited about this! They ended up making several. He wanted to take one to MawMaw & Poppy for sure! He also made one for me & Shannon & Elihu.
Today we're going to see Shannon at work and to eat lunch with him. The boys are sooo excited about that, too! We're working on finishing up Josiah's electives as a Tiger Cub. One of the electives is visiting your parent at work! So that knocks one out!! The requirement is 100 electives. We're finally down to the last 20 or so. I'm hoping to get them all done within the next couple of weeks!!
Once again...thanks for reading! Hope your week is going great! It's 26 degrees here right now on Spring Break. I never would've thought it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment