Happy Happy Birthday to my littlest guy ISAAC! He is the big 3 today! We celebrated this morning with Shannon's famous family tradition pancakes! He was so excited to have balloons and presents and the big birthday banner. I'm glad it doesn't take much to make these boys happy!!
My "Made to Crave" journey is going well! I have actually lost a few pounds...that made me really happy! I know it isn't about the weight but for some reason that makes it all so much better. Do you want to know something wonderful? I haven't craved mountain dews (much) and I haven't craved fudge rounds at ALL! That's right! AT ALL! Woo hoo!!!!! I have been on this journey of mine for almost 3 weeks and I can actually tell a difference. I don't know how many times I have attempted to do away with the dews and so many sweets but then not see much of a difference and get right back to where I was. But this time the Lord is helping me first and foremost. It's amazing what you can do when you remember to ask the Lord for help...even in the really small things. The Bible says that we have not because we ask not. Think about it!
I am not necessarily doing the "all or nothing" journey. I have cut out soft drinks and chocolate, sweets, candy, etc. I have tried to just not snack...only eating at meal times. If I do snack, I have been trying to eat an apple, a banana, some almonds, yogurt...something that's NOT junk food. So far so good! I used to want to take a nap every single day, too...because I was always so miserably tired. I am VERY proud to say that that feeling has passed too (well mostly). I could always TAKE a nap. I'm just glad I don't feel that awful drudge like I had before!
One of the things that popped out in my mind was the verse that says all things are LAWFUL...but all things are NOT expedient. That means that there may not be anything WRONG with some things, but that maybe those things are not necessarily good for me. That verse wowed me a little! I put up an index card over the fudge round container that reminds me to turn to the Lord for my cravings...NOT to fudge rounds. It also reminds me that I am tired of settling and tired of compromising. I want my body to be a vessel that God can be proud of. I don't want to go to anything besides HIM for comfort...and sadly, that's exactly what I had been doing. I guess it's a little funny in some ways but it also made me very ashamed. I mean, how low can you get? Fudge Rounds over the Lord? I'm glad I'm on the right journey now!
We have been in VBS all week and have had a really good time so far! We had one saved and are looking for more lives to be touched. We had 16 3rd and 4th graders last night - a really good class! We studied about Joshua, Gideon, Ruth & Naomi and tonight will be Zacchaeus. Hoping for more of God's blessings on those kids tonight! I believe the adults are getting helped too!
I am still praying for the salvation of my boys. They pray every night that God will save them soon! Soon will be just fine with me. :-)
1 comment:
So excited to read this and see your progress with the "Made to Crave" journey! I can't tell you how much it has made a difference to me. I am not perfect, but I am still trying to think about my food and relationship with it in relation to what God would have me be. :) I knew you would enjoy it as I did!!!
Love you and your family so very much.
Post a Comment