We went to the doctor Wednesday for our first visit with #3. She said we're most likely looking at a 9 pound baby this time...considering the birth weights of Josiah & Elihu. Josiah was 8 lb 7 oz and Elihu was 8 lb 11 oz. She said that each baby is usually about a 1/2 pound bigger than the previous one. Yikes! I think I already knew that but hearing her say it made it really real! She tried hearing the heartbeat but said it was probably a couple of weeks early still. Needless to say we didn't get to hear it. We also were not able to do an ultrasound b/c the technician is only there certain days. We're scheduled for NEXT Friday. Oh the waiting...
She said I'm underweight for my height and how far along I am, etc. I thought SURELY I had gained a few pounds but I weighed the exact same amount that I weighed 2 months ago before I even knew I was pregnant. I feel like I'm eating like a hog already! I told her I eat 3 meals a day with a snack in between each one. I just don't know that I can eat any more. They also told me to drink a gallon of water every day. Oh my goodness! I don't think I've EVER drunk that much water. I'm trying but I'm not even getting close.
She also gave me some new medicine that's supposed to help me feel "wonderful" where I can eat better, etc. So far, I feel WORSE than I did before I went to the doctor on Wednesday. I'm going to try and give it a few days to see if it just needs to get in my system or something...but so far, I'm not impressed.
Josiah had his PTO program tonight! It was really cute. Each class dressed up like the Christmas songs they were singing. Josiah's class dressed up for "Away in a Manger." The boys were shepherds and the girls were angels. One class blacked out their 2 front teeth for "All I Want For Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth." Another class dressed up like big fat snowman...they were funny! Another class dressed up like Santas and the other class were reindeer. They had a very nice program. Goofy me forgot my camera!! I was so mad at myself. Mama's friend Chris was there...he has one in first grade, too. He took some of Josiah for me and said he'd email them!
We also had Elihu's Christmas party at school today. He had a blast...Josiah got to go with us, too. I checked him out early. They both sat in Santa's lap together. Elihu told him he wanted a racecar and Josiah told him he wanted a computer. Wow! It was funny though...the class had drawn names and what did Elihu get? A racecar! Wow! He was very excited. Today was his last day until January...I'm sure THAT'll make him proud too. He's spending the night with his Mema & Papa tonight. He was very excited about that!
We're trying to figure out a day when we can go shopping together...me & Shannon that is. We still have several things to buy! Since I haven't been feeling good, I haven't exactly been in the shopping mode. Hopefully we'll get the majority of it taken care of next week!!
We've been practicing for our Christmas Program at church. I think it's going to be great this year! Everyone has been working hard. Hopefully it will all come together! Please come if you can...it's Sunday, December 21st at 6:00 pm. (Gethsemane Baptist Church in Cornelia). Let me know if you need directions!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment