Saturday was ROUGH but Sunday & Monday & today have been pretty good. I think I'm finally getting over the weakness of being sick a week or two back. Thank the Lord!! I'm still not passed the nausea totally but I am definitely feeling better this week. I hope it just keeps on getting better from here and that I'm not getting too excited too soon!
Josiah had his blue & gold banquet Saturday night. He officially became a Tiger Cub. He's been working toward it since school started. They've had a great year. There are 6 boys and I think they've all gotten to be good friends. There are 3 little brothers that tag along, too, so Elihu's not the only one. I guess there will be 4 little brothers tagging along next year. :-)
I fixed Marzetti for supper last night with corn on the cob and steamed broccoli. Josiah thought it was the yummiest thing he'd ever eaten. He ate 2 full helpings and requested it for leftovers tonight. Elihu liked it okay...he preferred the broccoli and corn on the cob. They both ran inside to wash their hands before supper. They'd been outside with Shannon...checking the goats and feeding Rosco. Josiah came running in first and said, "What is that smell??? That smells YUMMY." About a minute later Elihu comes running in and says, "What is that smell? That smells YUCK." It's so funny how different those 2 are. I'm anxious to see how #3 plays into the picture!
We're still trying to decide about their rooming situation. I believe Shannon and I have finally decided to put the boys' things upstairs in the bonus room. We're gonna go ahead and build the closet like we originally planned up there. We hope to paint and do carpet but we're going to leave off the heating and air til later. It's all just too expensive to do right now. We're going to leave the boys' beds downstairs in a room together so that we don't have to traipse upstairs through the night whenever they call us. We're both liking this idea much better...especially when you think of the possibility of sickness in the night or a fire. We just couldn't get totally settled about the whole situation but this FEELS good. We figured we could do it this way a few months or a few years...it wouldn't matter. I like having a plan!
We have actually been in our house 5 years today! Can you believe that? Shannon says we'll probably have to start replacing things. I sure hope not! The walls will definitely appreciate a paint job in a few more years. I'm sure they'd appreciate one now...but we'll wait a few more years!
My little niece Clare turns 1 this weekend! She's such a cutie. We got to see her Sunday at Granny Punk's. She's just crawling all over the place and walking from thing to thing.
Amy & Josh will celebrate their 5 year anniversary this weekend, too! We had a busy week 5 years ago this week! We moved in our house and 4 days later Amy's getting married! Wow...I can't believe it's already been 5 years. Josh will finally be done with school in May. They're both pretty excited about him being finished! He's also gotten a job offer which is very exciting! He hopes to start that in May as well!
Well, enough of my rambling for now. Thanks for reading my blog and keeping up with my exciting life. :-) By the way...I'm still reading my Bible through...hoping to finish within the 6 months! I get behind now and then but I always get caught back up! I'm still thankful for His blessings and for another new and beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment