Monday, February 9, 2009

I Keep Hoping...

I keep hoping that THIS WEEK will be the week that I don't feel sick and gaggy any more. So far...it's a no go. I'm just tired of all the gagging. I can't hardly sneeze without gagging my head off. Now on top of all that, I woke up coughing and kind of hurting in my chest and I can't hardly cough without gagging either. It's embarrassing really! Thankfully I haven't done it in front of anybody much except Shannon and the boys. I almost threw up at lunch today...ugh! TMI??

We went to a great service at Heritage Baptist Church on Friday night. There was good preaching and good singing and God's Holy Spirit was definitely there working. Shannon's cousin Ashley sang a solo with the youth choir! She did a great job and has such a beautiful voice! Their youth choir is awesome, too! I always enjoy hearing them! Their pastor Mark has been a friend of ours for years now!

We had a great service at OUR church Sunday, too! The Spirit was moving in hearts and lives...you could just see it on people's faces! The singing service was sweet and the preaching time was moving. Several people went to the altar and prayed. I am so thankful to have such a good church to go, to be a member of and to get to work in!

Josiah and Elihu are finally over all the throwing up stuff but now they both have yucky colds. They seem to feel okay for the most part. Daddy came and got Elihu today and Josiah is getting off the bus there. He always loves that!

I'm trying to get some clothes washed. They're piled up pretty bad because I ran out of fabric softener and Gain and wasn't able to get any more til yesterday! Josiah was horrified how full his hamper was. He's such a classic firstborn. (No offence to you firstborns reading this!!) I paid the bills and am trying to figure out what to cook for supper. When you're feeling gaggy, not much food items appeal to your appetite!

I wrote another song this weekend, too! I woke up around 2:00 am on Saturday night/Sunday morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I began praying for the church service, for my family, for the baby, etc. I began to think of a discussion Shannon and I had had on Friday or Saturday about songs. We were talking about how sweet it is when someone writes a song or a verse to a song that is personal to them. So while I'm laying there in my bed, my own testimony starts running through my head. Sentences started forming...in song or poem style I mean...and I decided I'd better get up and jot them down before I forgot them. I ended up going to the desk where I wouldn't bother anybody and wrote out a song about my testimony. Of course I couldn't work on the music right then without waking the whole family up :-) but I was able to work on it some Sunday afternoon. I've been tweaking it today and can't hardly even sing through the song without crying. It still amazes me what He saved me from...knowing I'm just a sinner who forgets to read my Bible, who forgets to tell my friends about Him, who forgets to pray for my family and friends sometimes...yet He still died just for me. I love Him with my whole heart and hope I will always serve Him first and foremost!

I hope your week is seasoned with God's wonderful grace! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

I can't wait to hear the song! :-)

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

Sorry you still don't feel well!
I know what you mean about not ever doing enough. I love the Lord with all my heart and I always feel so little. Hope you're feeling better soon!!