Josiah finally got all of the necessary teeth pulled...all 5 are out now! He did great. I was still amazed at how he did...and surprised!! It was funny because he got 3 teeth pulled the first Monday and 2 teeth pulled the next Monday. Isaac got his first tooth IN on the first Monday and then his 2nd tooth came in on the 2nd Monday!
Elihu's school called on Tuesday to let me know he woke up from nap time with his ear hurting. When I picked him up, he was crying like crazy. So, I made an appointment for that afternoon to let the Dr check it for an ear infection. It turned out that his ear drum had actually ruptured...probably during all that time when he was crying. So we're on antibiotics again and now doing different drops (that cost $40...ugh) to see if it will clear up. I had her check Isaac's ears while I was there, too. It turns out that he has another double ear infection as well. So...more meds for him. We're trying something different this time since he broke out in welts with the last antibiotics and had diarrhea for a week or more. Poor baby. It didn't all happen until the LAST day of the medicine so I guess we'll see how these treat him. I'm supposed to take them both back in a couple of weeks for a recheck. Isaac has also been wheezing some so we've been doing a few breathing treatments each day. They seem to help until it's time for another one...and the wheezing has usually started up again by then.
The boys have been doing some additional chores to earn money. Josiah is really into Bakugans so he's been saving his dollars for more of those! I believe that was THE best present we could've gotten him for Christmas. Elihu says he's saving his money for one, too. I don't know if it's because he really likes them or if it's just because Josiah does. I guess we'll see after he gets one of his own. Anyway...Elihu scrubbed on the shower for me. He actually did pretty good - at least on the parts he could reach. He was also my "gopher" one afternoon. I was trying to put away a big pile of stuff in the kitchen. Of course it all needed to go to 10 different places, so I paid him to be my gopher (you know, "go fer this and go fer that"). He was very proud! Josiah helped me vacuum out the Tahoe and clean the windows inside. He did really good, too and was VERY proud of the money he earned. I told them today that I would pay them $10 each if they would memorize the books of the Bible...all 66!! My Grandma paid me $10 to learn them when I was younger and I thought it was wonderful. They seemed excited but Josiah acted like it was too hard for him. I guess we'll see how bad he wants $10. Elihu didn't really comment. I DID say all 66 for them just so they'd know that I really do know them all!
Isaac will be 7 months old next week. Time is flying by. Again. (Insert "sigh" here). He's getting to be so much fun and the boys just absolutely adore him. His 2 new little teeth are so cute. He's sitting up REALLY good. He hasn't really tried to crawl yet. He's enjoying sitting up too much to try right now!
I'm still reading my Bible through and taking notes on each chapter. I have learned SO much by doing it this way. I don't know why I've never thought to do it before. I decided that I would write SOMETHING down for each and every chapter. Some chapters I more or less summarize and others I outline. Then there are some I just write down important details that I might want to refer back to...just whatever jumps out at me. I've made it through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and I'm almost finished with Numbers. I didn't set any kind of time frame on it because I didn't want to get caught up with the "calendar" or the "clock" and not get what I needed to get out of it! I'm loving it! I'm also reading No Greater Joy Volume 1/2/3. I just finished 1. I'm also re-reading Created to be His Help Meet but I'm doing the journal this time. I love the books by Michael and Debi Pearl and I highly recommend them. They also have one called To Train Up a Child that I've read several times. It is more or less the prequel I guess to the No Greater Joy volumes.
Well, enough rambling for one night. I'm off to bed. Hope your weekend is GR8!
No comments:
Post a Comment