Josiah had 3 of 6 teeth pulled today and did GREAT! I was so amazed. He was a little worried and a little nervous, but we tried to prepare him as good as we could. I told him that Dr. Waggoner has pulled 9 of my teeth and that it wasn't bad at all. Shannon has had 4 pulled so I guess we're old pros in a sense. Josiah was glad to know that the same dentist that was pulling his was the same one who pulled mine. He just realized that today and I think it made a world of difference. He didn't cry...he didn't even seem stressed out in the least when he was sitting in the chair. After it was over he said, "Nope! I didn't even feel one thing!" He has 2 more next Monday so I'm happy to know he won't be dreading it all week. All 5 of these are primary teeth...not permanent. He'll have to wait on one tooth to come in over the next couple of years and have 1 permanent tooth pulled.
So...after all of Josiah's "extractions" today, Isaac got his FIRST tooth! Hooray! We've been laboring over this poor little tooth for quite some time and it finally came peaking out tonight. You can just barely see it but there's no doubt that it has finally come through.
Elihu's goat had her babies Sunday afternoon...a boy and a girl. He is so proud. I don't even know if he's had the chance to see them yet because it's been so cold. Shannon is trying to keep them warm. He got them all into a pen together and put a light out there to try to help with the heat factor. He also put up a sheet of sorts to block the wind and cold as much as possible. It was 10 degrees at our house this morning and I don't think it's gonna get much warmer at nights this whole entire week! They're saying snow as a possibility for Thursday and Saturday. The boys are sure hoping for a good snow this year so they can play. I hope it'll do one good snow at least...for their sakes!! They have a brand new sled that's a year or two old that they've never even had the chance to use!
Shannon sure did dread going back to work today after being off all last week. It sure was nice having his help with the boys all week...since they were all home from school!! They're ready and excited to be going back to school tomorrow. I'm glad they enjoy it!
Isaac has his 6-month checkup in a couple of more days. I'm anxious to see how much he's grown. He still has all this congestion and runny nose and coughing. You can't really give a 6-month old any sort of medicine. Maybe they can shed some light on how to clear all this up when we go for his appointment. I sure hope he doesn't have another ear infection. He's been pulling at his ear some...but then he does that when he's sleepy, too...so it's always hard to tell which one is the case!?! Elihu was complaining about his ear today. I sure hope he doesn't have another one, too. That's all they need...more antibiotics! Ugh.
I just thought I'd update real quick...while I had the moment. I think Isaac is saying it's time to be through typing! :-)
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment