Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Peeing and Pooping!!

I've been reading about potty training babies so I've decided to give it a whirl. So far Isaac has pooped in the potty 4 times in 4 days!! Hooray! He has peed at least once every day...sometimes several times. BUT I'm not stressing about it. I just take him whenever I think about it or when I'm heading to change his diaper. Some days he'll go all day and only pee one time in the potty...BUT...there's no stress because we're just trying to TRAIN him.

We have really been trying to notice when he may be having a BM so that we can get him to the potty in time. Two times were a complete surprise...we thought we were taking him to pee and he ended up doing both. Awesome! One time was a half and half (half in the diaper and half in the potty). Awesome again!! And the last time we actually caught it ALL in his little potty! I don't know if he realizes what he's doing but WE are sure excited! I've been trying to say "pee pee" or "poop" (whatever the case may be) when he is sitting on the potty. I've also learned the sign language for "potty" so I've also been using that whenever I take him. We are just so excited!!

Please don't think we are bragging because we most certainly are NOT. We are just thanking the good Lord for opening our eyes to something we COULD have done with the other 2 boys. I guess we'll see how we progress. Since I'm not really going to much trouble, it's not hurting ONE thing to try!

Hope your week's been great!

No comments: