Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another year...


Yet ANOTHER year has passed by. I was updating my calendar for the year...adding everyone's birthdays and other important dates. I came to June 17th and had to write "Josiah's 6th Birthday"...then I came to November 20th and had to write "Elihu's 4th Birthday." Can you believe that? Seems like just yesterday we were 2 childless married people. It's hard to remember those days though. People always told us how our lives would change when we had kids. We believed them...we even knew they were telling the truth...but we didn't realize the impact of WHAT they were saying. I guess you don't really until you have kids, huh?

I read a Christian article this morning about bringing in the New Year. It was talking about how people focus on the New YEAR...but that you have to break it down into a new WEEK...and then break it down into a new DAY. It's too hard to look ahead an entire year. Hey, God told us in His Word that he'd be a lamp unto our feet...not our whole path...just our feet so we can see one step at a time. This year I'm going to try and not let myself get so overwhelmed by the pointless stuff that infests my life every single day. Maybe I can stay focused on what IS important...I think I need to wake up EVERY day and tell myself again my purpose for being here still...God's purpose for me...as my
own person, as a wife, as a mama, as a sister, as a daughter, as a friend, as a church worker...I guess you get the picture. I just want to "purpose in my heart" like David did...so I'll know where I'm going each day.

Happy New
DAY!

2 comments:

The Allens said...

Yeah! You've joined the world of blogging! I can't believe how big the boys are either! I wish we could hit the pause button. : )

Anonymous said...

I love the way you bring out the fact that God is a lamp unto our feet, not the whole path! Isn't it wonderful how he's with us EACH step and how he loves for us to depend on Him for each one of those steps? That really touched my heart! And yes, it's hard to believe the boys are getting so big and so cute and so old!