Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting Organized...or at Least Trying To!

What is it about a new year that makes you want to organize a little? Maybe it's the cold weather...you can't go OUTside so you stay INside and try to make your life run a little smoother. I don't know, but I have been trying to get a little more organized.

I rearranged the living room yesterday. I always like doing that because it makes me feel like I have new furniture or something. EVERYONE should change at l
east one room around every now and then...such a great feeling. Okay, so that makes me sound like a nerd...but, well, it's true. Not the nerd part...the good feeling part. Anyway, I cleaned up the boys' rooms this morning while they were not here to mess them up behind me. Josiah had school and Elihu is with Mema & Papa. A short break for me! YEAH!!!

I'm sitting here looking at my computer desk area thinking it needs some re-organization. But I sure do hate messing around with all those cords and stuff. My actual computer
itself needs reorganizing. I deleted tons of junky emails the other day...but there are sooooo many pictures that I've downloaded onto my computer from my camera that it's not even funny! I have GOT to get them off. I usually upload them to Walmart.com, get prints made, and then upload the pics to a CD where I can save them. That always takes up sooo much time though...b/c I wait (like I've done this time once again) until I have millions of them.

I need to plant some bulbs, too. But it's just been so icky outside that I just flat out haven't done it. I love the Spring when I can get out and do stuff in the yard...but January? It's so hard to make myself get out there and do stuff unless it's a spring-y day.


I've been knitting up a storm. I finally finished my poncho/shawl thing that I worked on forever! I've made several scarves and a hat or two. It's fun to me. It's brainless activity where I don't really have to think about anything but I'm accomplishing something cool in the process. It's not nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be. I've started selling the scarves for $20 so if you're in the market for a cool new furry scarf, I'm your girl! Just let me know what colors and you'll have your new scarf in no time!

I think I'm starting to ramble...

Before I go, I wanted to share my favorite verse. It's Philippians 1:6. It says, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." We can have confidence through Him that He CAN use us...no matter how much WE think he can't. I have a couple of friends who've done some pretty bad things in their lives...they think they're so bad that God can't use them any more. But that's exactly WHEN he can use them...when they think they're not worth it. I just try to tell myself as often as I can that God can use me - no matter what! He's not looking for Christian superstars...just plain Janes like me.

Have a great weekend (and go organize something!)

:-)

1 comment:

jammamay said...

Hello, you don't know me, but I was viewing your profile, b/c it says you are 'domestic engineer' like me!'smile'
I just wanted to say that you have the cutest little boys!! and looks like a very nice family.
I would love to get into knitting, too, so will check out your knitting site! I know how to do basic knitting and purling and have knitted little projects like slippers, but would love to start knitting sweaters. Too bad you aren't closer so you could teach me! Have a super awesome day.