Man! I am so bummed! My bon-bons are all gone...my soap operas are all re-runs...and the nail salon doesn't open until 11 am. Whatever is a girl to do?
NOT!
There's more to staying home than SOME "non-stay-at-homers" realize. People think you can just go do whatever you want to do, take naps all the time, and just be your own jolly person. I guess you CAN do all those things to an extent but you'll be doing them all with your under-your-armpit-most-of-the-time-3-year-old child. :-)
Some people like having their kids with them all the time and I guess it's understandable. I know several people who think they can't do anything if their kids aren't doing it with them. It's like they can't go anywhere or make ANY plan unless it involves their child. Give me a break! Hey, I'm ALL for family time and spending good quality time with my children but they need a break from me just like I need a break from them! I love those 2 little boys more than life itself...I'd do anything for them! It hurts me to see them sick or sad and it makes me feel dread when I know THEY'RE dreading something. But I don't think that God intended for us to wear ourselves out trying to be super-human for the ones we love. We should do what we can...our VERY best...and then trust Him with the rest. It's funny that I can trust Him with the eternal destiny of my very soul but I forget to trust Him with the little things that seem to get me down every day. My Bible tells me "Be careful for NOTHING: but in EVERY THING by prayer and supplication WITH thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Phil. 4:6) If He didn't want to hear about them, he wouldn't have told us in His Word to TELL Him about them!!!
Sometimes I get to comparing myself to others...I see how great I think they are or how great they seem to be doing at this or that and it gets me down. I feel like a failure. I'm already hormonal so I don't need any help in the "mental issues" department!! But you know what? Those people are human just like me and they have the same feelings I have...the same self-esteem issues...the same worries. God says in Ezekiel 43:10 "Thou son of man, show the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern." I'm not supposed to measure myself to my friends or my family...I measure myself to HIM and Him alone! If I measure myself to others, sometimes I may look pretty good...but sometimes I might look pretty bad! If I measure myself to the true pattern, I'll always know that the pattern is holding true and steadfast...something sure that I can bank on!
I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment