Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Grandma Katie"

I always wondered why in the world people wanted to take pictures of their flowers. I thought that was the craziest thing I'd ever heard. BUT now I'm one of those "Grandma" people who takes pictures of their flowers!!! (Hence, the title of this post). Ha!

Anyway...here are some pics for your viewing pleasure! :-)

In this pic, my amaryllis is about to bloom! I can't wait! I'll have to remember and take a picture of it in FULL bloom...I have 2 of these that my neighbor gave me!This pic is of my clematis vine. On Thursday it had no blooms whatsoever. On Friday, it was covered in them! I also included a closeup of one of the blooms.

This pic is of my lenton rose. I don't think mine has bloomed yet...of course I've only had it for a year I think...but I'm anxious to see what it looks like!
This last pic is a flower that is actually blooming WAY out on the bank going up to the barn pad. There's also a couple of them blooming about halfway out my driveway. It sure looks like a Crocus to me...but crocus are actually bulbs...so it can't exactly be spread by seeds!?!? I just planted them a couple of months back. The ones that I planted bloomed and I don't know if something ate the blooms or what but they didn't bloom for long. And now THESE have started blooming. Anybody know if this is what this is?? They're just a few inches tall.Happy Spring everyone! I have definitely had the fever! (OK...you can wake up now...the pictures are over with!) :-)

No comments: