Yay! We had a little girl get saved at church last night. One of our regulars brought a friend. I think she's 9 or 10 years old. In class last night, she told her teacher that she'd had a bad dream...that she died and went to Hell. The assistant teacher said her little hands were shaking. They told her they'd be glad to pray with her. She didn't pray right then, but when all the kids came back to the fellowship hall, she got her teacher and the girl from our church and Shannon went out with them to talk. Shannon ended up getting to lead her to the Lord! He said he could tell she felt so much better!! There's nothing like seeing someone before they get saved and then getting to see that change that takes place after they're saved. I remember having those same thoughts and dreams...that ever-present fear that I was going to be in HELL if I were to die right then. The moment I got saved I knew my home would be in Heaven and have never had another one of those dreams again. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift!
A lot of people who are saved can't seem to feel that victory b/c they keep worrying about hell and whether or not they are really saved. Let me tell you, though...once God saves you, he keeps you FOREVER. Nothing you can do will ever change that. The Bible says that "no man can pluck [me] out of my Father's hands." (not even myself!) I can't change my mind or commit some sin that will take away that gift he so freely gave me that day on Calvary...it only took him dying ONE time to save my soul that ONE time. That's enough for me!
2 comments:
I'm praising the Lord with you! We had a young woman get saved last Sunday at church. She's the friend of one of our members. It was great! :) What a blessing for Shannnon to be able to lead her to the Lord. That's precious. Hey, Jesus STILL SAVES!
Wonderful, Katie! I am still enjoying the clothes I bought from you the other day. I wore my black "amish" dress as I call it to church on Sunday, and I loved it! I am so glad about the little girl getting saved! Thank goodness for salvation!!!
Post a Comment