The Horses
Shannon finally got the fence finished (enough) to bring some of the horses home. It was a rainy day which is why the boys' pony looks so dirty. Shannon brought them to our house on April 5th and said to MARK IT DOWN IN TIME! It was a glorious day in his life! This is the first time in
his whole life that he's had horses at his very own home. Of course he had cows & horses at his house when he was growing up but not since he's been out on his own. He's always had to rent other people's pastures and fix up other people's fences, etc. It is neat to be able to look out your bedroom window or the kitchen window and see the horses or the cows in the pasture. Shannon and the boys are in heaven! They got on "Silver" and Shannon led them down to check everything that afternoon. The boys thought that was REALLY great...to get to ride Silver at home! Shannon ended up selling one of the horses this past weekend so now we have the 3 left here. He still has several over at Sandy & Libby's house. They've been very gracious in letting us keep the horses over there and give us time to get things "established" I guess you'd say! Maybe one day, we'll have this place together enough. It's fun in the process though! I k
now it all takes time. I get impatient and want it all finished right NOW...just like everyone else in the world I guess. But in the years to come, we'll be able to look back and see what all we were able to do ourselves...with our own hands I mean...not somebody else coming in and doing it for us! Now THAT will be a feeling of accomplishment! God has surely blessed us with so much more than we deserve! I hope and pray that I am always thankful...no matter what. I want us to be able to teach our boys to be appreciative...of their things, of people, of what other people do for them...I don't ever want any of us to take his blessings for granted, whether it be people or things. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, but I hope I can be like Job in his hours of greatest loss and unimaginable heartbreak. He lost his livelihood, every single one of his children, even his own health and yet he still worshiped God and said, "Blessed be the name of the Lord." I think that made God very proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment