Well, it's back to school...again...for Elihu. I was so afraid he'd cry but he didn't even come close! He was so proud that he had his "own very" chapstick (a.k.a 'very own'). He has to have a snack every day, too...since Josiah takes one. I think it makes him feel big (like the chapstick that Josiah ALSO takes to school most days). But instead of waiting until later in the day, he eats the snack as SOON as we get to school. I think it gives him something to do...maybe makes him less nervous or something.
Shannon was up taking his shower this morning and I was still in the bed catching just a few more Zzzzz's when I heard Elihu calling for his Daddy. He calls for him every single time...well, at least 95% of the time! I tiptoed into his room and untwisted his covers then covered him back up. I never let on that I was NOT Daddy since I knew this would cause undue stress to my half-asleep child. As I was walking back out of the room, he whispered ever so sweetly, "I love you, Daddy. Night-night." Of course, it didn't take him but about 15 more minutes or so to fully wake up for the day...jibber-jabbering and talking nonstop. Josiah, on the other hand, finally woke up good about the time we were leaving for school. Maybe. He's a little more like me in the "morning person" department. I have come a LONG way since we had kids! I guess there's just something about HAVING to get up that makes you do a little better in the mornings. Shannon is definitely a morning person! Him and Elihu share the gene on that one!
Anyway, I just had to blog my Praise Report for today of No Tears! Hooray!
But tomorrow may be another story...
1 comment:
Awwww.....that is so sweet. And, I hope he is over his fears and tears.
Post a Comment