
It's official! We are the proud new parents of a newborn baby girl...I mean calf. :-) She was born this afternoon, 2/3/08, to one of our heifers. Shannon is so excited. This is the first baby born here at Irvin Manor! Actually, this is the first time in his entire life that he's actually had cows at his own house. He's always had to rent pastures and fix up other people's fences and pens. Now, he can focus on fixing his OWN fences and pens and barns. It's a big relief! We're trying to come up with a good name for this new (first ever on Irvin Manor) baby calf! So if you have any suggestions, send them our way. You just might be the winner of the name contest!

We're also currently debating getting the boys a puppy. Mazey had 2 puppies a few weeks ago...a girl and a boy. The boy is a CHUNK of a dog. I think he's twice the size of the little girl. We may be bringing the boy dog home to keep. We're also trying to come up with a name for

him. We're trying out several. The boys played with him at Sandy & Libby's on Saturday. Of course, the poor puppy fell in the pond right off the bat, and I had to fish him out (hence, the "wet look" in the picture). Josiah is actually taking to the puppy, too. He's like me...not much of an animal person. Obviously, I'm learning though, huh? It's getting to be a regular "farm" around here. We now have 1 house pet (a fish the boys named Diego), 3 heifers (Cassie, Mattie, Allie), 1 cow (Ellie), 1 calf (no name as of yet), 1 chicken (Henrietta), and the boys want a rooster to go with the chicken. They also want 2 goats...1 apiece...which their dear ole dad has promised them whenever he gets the fence finished. He's also planning to bring the horses over when he gets the next pasture done. Did I miss any animals? Like I said, I'm learning all this farm stuff a day at a time. I don't think there's any other way TO learn it! It's definitely going to be an interesting ride!
1 comment:
Oh, how fun! I would love to have all those animals. You most definitely need to get those boys a dog. I'll be thinking of names for him.....and the calf!
Post a Comment