Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday

Whew! Talk about being tired...I worked the polls yesterday! I had to be there bright and early at 6 am and got home last night about 9:30. I think I could've slept til lunch today! We had 840 voters come through our precinct! It definitely wasn't as overwhelming as the big presidential election but it was still very steady!

We came up with a name for the little calf born Sunday. Shannon decided on calling her Emma. Her mama is Ellie, so we decided it would be a good idea to stick with the same letter for the mamas and their babies. She's already grown a lot...doesn't even look like the same calf in the picture I posted!

I was just reading about all those tornadoes that came through several states yesterday. It brought tears to my eyes when I read about a husband and wife trying to get his brother to a hospital. They were trying to wind their way through the debris when he died in their arms. I said a prayer right then for all those others who may be out there that haven't been found...that God will give them that sweet peace that only He can give until they're found.

On a closing note, I want to encourage everyone to be praying for the state of our country...that GOD'S president will be elected to lead our country. It's so scary to think of some of the possibilities, but you know what? My Bible tells me that God is still very much in control and He knows exactly what is going on! Nothing ever surprised God...and nothing ever will! And for THAT, I am very thankful!

No comments: