Whew! It's been a busy week! Revival was great! The kids did so good singing on Wednesday night...the junior choir and the youth choir both!
Thursday was busy as well. We went to the funeral home that afternoon and then sped over to DQ for a quick bite to eat so we could make it to the school in time for the math meeting and then PTO. When we got there, Coach Shook and his wife invited us to go eat all-u-can-eat shrimp at Red Lobster afterwards! We were so bummed that we'd ate Dairy Queen. Oh well...maybe next time. I'm STILL thinking about the shrimp...yummm...especially after I heard the next day what all they ate! Ugh. :-)
Friday was Teacher Appreciation Day at school. Thankfully everyone came through that said they would bring a dessert! I think there was plenty of food and all the teachers seemed very happy to have the special treats!
I thought we would finally have a night off last night (Friday night) but Mama called and said the pears were ready to be picked. So...we went and picked pears last night after supper. They were free though so I can't complain! Mama & I are putting up some Pear Honey this afternoon after I get off work. I LOVE that stuff. And it's so funny because I'm not really big on pears and the recipe doesn't even have honey in it...it's just called that b/c the consistency of the jelly is more like honey I guess.!?! I don't know. Anyway...we're making that this afternoon so we'll be busy and HOT! Elihu could eat a whole jar of the stuff in one sitting I think. Shannon & Josiah don't eat it, but Me & Mama & Elihu LOVE it!
Shannon is preaching early in the morning at a brotherhood breakfast. Then we're heading to a homecoming to hear my Grandpa preach. I haven't heard him in quite some time...hopefully a lot of the family is gonna get to go hear him. I'm sure the WHOLE family won't be there...just because some of them don't care. Oh well...
Picture Day is Monday! I SURE hope I don't forget!! My child's memory is pretty good though so maybe HE'LL at least remember!
Josiah's 1st Tiger Cub meeting is coming up in a couple of weeks and he is so excited! I need to take a pic of him in his new cap and neckerchief that a lady gave us. He was so proud when he put them on. We were going out to eat and he just HAD to wear them! I'll try to post a pic of him. He looks so cute in them! Maybe we'll find him the shirt soon.
His arm seems to be doing really good. They told us we didn't have to come back any more unless there was a problem. We've been getting the bills for it now. (sigh). So far we've gotten one from The Emergency Dept, The Hospital, The Radiology Group, and The Orthopedic Surgeon's Office. I guess it takes a village to fix a broken arm...but maybe that's the last of the bills. I'm all paid out.
Have a great weekend! Hope the gas prices don't drive us all HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment