Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Latest Happenings...

Josiah is finally better! Thanks to all who inquired! We finally got some medicine that helped.

We've had a busy week. We started our Missions Revival on Sunday and had 2 great services Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon. Shannon & I went and sang at the prison service that night and it was a great service as well! We got to go on a mini "tour" and see where our friend's office is. It's always nice to have a mental picture when you're talking to someone on the phone or thinking about where they are. Maybe that's just me. :-)

Our group, A Cappella Three, sang in revival on Monday night. Tony Goss & Scott Slaton were the 2 local preachers that came in and gave their testimonies. We also heard from the Rock of Ages (ROA) Prison Ministry. I think I've learned more about the ROA this week than I've known in the past 6 years that I've been around them.

Last night our friends Chad & Wendy came. He was one of the local preachers for last night and they sang. Lamar Purcell also came and gave his testimony about missions. It was another good service!

I'm hoping tonight will be even better. Our junior choir and youth choir are both singing and they are so excited. We've learned some new songs with the youth choir and they have really enjoyed them. We're hoping to add some songs with solos...I think the kids are ready to try!

I'm helping organize the teacher appreciation days this year at school. The first one is this Friday so I've been on the phone trying to get in touch with our volunteers. I've been on the phone all morning with people from church about some stuff for tonight. Elihu's gonna think the phones are permanently glued to my head or something!

We picked some beans yesterday but haven't had the chance to do anything with them yet. They are safe and secure in the fridge though...just until tomorrow hopefully when I can get to them!

Well, I've got to get some things done! Time has been swiftly passing me by this week! Yikes!!

Hope your hump day is great! Don't forget to thank Him for His blessings today!

No comments: